- 1 year Later -

Mishka's POV

I look at mirror one last time, adjusting my hair strand. Maybe mother was right, I do look good in blue. I smile.

"Mishka di, come down! We are running late", vihaang swiftly walks away almost making me jump.

I look at the time. It surely is 6 already. It will take almost 45 mins to reach. Traffic here is not as bad but today is weekend so no one is willing to risk reaching late to the ceremony. I quickly run downstairs, I rarely wear lehenga and it shows. I struggle to hold my lehenga well and almost trip. Yet, I try not to slow down as I can see everyone waiting for me. As I reach the living hall I see, Mum smiling at me, which means she isnt angry.

"Mishuuu you look soo prettyy", nupur hugs me tightly.

"My makeup --", I laugh and she giggles too

My mom is still looking at me and she had those creepy "oh-my-daughter-looks-so-pretty" smile. As usual I avoid conversations with her. She does not initiate any conversation as well. Nupur pulls me towards the other car where pulkit is currently sitting. He is busy coding which those junky headphones. He slightly takes it off, to wave at us and gets back to being in his own world. We must have spoken like 10 words this whole year.

"Driver uncle, please take the off route, we want to stop by that little ice cream shop.", nupur almost screams in my ears.

This family does not know how to speak normally without almost making me go deaf.

"Mother said we need to stay away from offroutes and detours. I will get in trouble", I reply

"Don't worry. We won't spend more than 10 mins I promise", she insists and I nod in agreement.

I look outside the window, its almost sunset. The sky looks surreal. This side of pune, well outskirts of this city is peaceful, serene and lost. And the vehicle halts, pulkit finally takes off his headphones and walks towards the icecream shop at the other end of the road.

"Don't forget extra choCOLATE CHIPS!!!", nupur scream. Oh my ears.

I get out of the car, and walk behind it, slowly ensuring my lehenga is fine. The sky is mesmerising and I lean on to the car, while admiring the beautiful view. It been a year, I sigh. I had to leave everything behind in a few hours. My whole world was uphilled. And a week this changes again. I am permanently moving to Canada. Away from all this hustle. Just me and nupur.

I miss udita.

"Mishuuu. Here your butterscotch", she hands me the moist cone.

"Lets go. I dont want mother to find out", I reply

I could never imagine being afraid of anyone. I never was. I still am not. I just never want to be seperated from vihaang. She let me bond with him regardless of our differences. She also kept reminding him that there was a sister he had named mishka, a cousin sister. He still does not know, and I will do everything to earn that title. I know this is silly but I want to be like nupur. The way he idealises her. How proud mother is to scold vihaang and tell him that, "be like nupur didi". I can never be a good example for any kid. Let alone vihaang.

Nupur was probably 7-8 when my mom got married to her dad. She has been bought up how my mom wished her daughter would be. I was bought up by Pammi, who never taught me anything except how not to be. I have so much to unlearn and learn. And I want to be better, for my brother. I wish I was better. This one year has been a roller coster of emotions, navigating through extreme emotional outbursts, running away from home twice and sent to rehabilitation.

"We reached", nupur slightly nudges me, bringing me back to reality.

"This place looks exactly like my nightmare", I point at the extravaganza decor, and entrance that looks like a bulb factory. I hated high society parties and wedding. And this is after party / reception of my mother's husband's close family friend.

Yes, I don't call my mother's new husband as dad. I will always call only my real dad and dad. Silly I know but still.

"Mishka, nupur and pulkit, meet akanshka Ved Pratap, the bride", mother makes us greet a women clad with makeup. I cringe internally.

Things love for my brother is making me do.

"Nupur dii, Can I get your phone?", vihaang walks next to us.

"No! Ask some else", nupur refuses. You can never touch her phone.

"Here take mine", hoping he will hug me and thank me, and then consider me his favorite sister, even if for a second.

"Cool", he grabs my phone and walks away. Bad move mishka, I internally scold myself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Akash's POV

"Happy birthday babe", I pull gauri towards me, and kiss her cheeks.

Gauri looks at me with those beautiful eyes, and smiles. She is the most amazing, kind and down to earth person. I never thought I would want to date anyone. But, it finally feels good to have someone next to you, in your weakest moments.

"Thank you!", gauri blushes, and kisses my cheeks back.

"HAPPPY BIRTHDAYY GAURI", Udita and rohit hug her and gauri gets annoyed.
Madam hates when her hair gets ruined. And they love annoying her like that.

We all head towards our terrace. We recently rented two apartments. One where udita, gauri and ruhi stay. And one where me, rohit and apoorv stays. Ruhi and apoorv are twins, who belonged to medical college of our university. And how we met them remains the funniest story of our life.

We met in a car crash. And because friends in hospital. When rohit was the drunk driver but thanks to that it feels our life is on track again

Mishka left a void so deep, it broke us all. She left with no message, she disappeared in thin air, post the prom, without any goodbyes, any text or call.

A week later, principle informs that she left the college.

Concerned we madly looked for her everywhere. We called every contact we could get, only to get a message from her number to not contact her again. And next thing we know she blocks us forever.

She never looked back, not ever for her best friend, Udita.

And I will never forgive her for that

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Sorry for that late update!

Hope you guys loved the chapter

Lots of love
Ziva ❤