Akash's Story

*Akash's POV*

"What do you mean she left?!", Udita screams at Yash, dumbstruck and Devastated.

I wanted to comfort her, but my emotions were facing the turmoil that I could not fathom in words. There are times when the world comes to a standstill, it does not crash, it does not move or spins around you anymore. It just stops. As if someone took a piece of you, and crushed it many times. I was scared, and panicked. Was everything okay? Was she okay?

"It was her mom I think", Yash claims and we are confused

"her mom?", Udita looks confused, but itseems to make more sense when, yash and udita discuss few aspects of their meet.

"If it was her mom, why would she leave so suddenly?", I ask Slowly

"I have never known her other side of the family, I don't know if she is okay or not", Udita speaks crying

~ A week Later ~

We try to get in touch with Mishka but in vain, everyday is spend in anxiety, and confusion and suspecting the worst out of the situation.

Is she safe? Is she hurt? Is she in danger?

No one prepares you for situations like these. There is guilt, fear, and you picture worst of fears. I wanted to hurt everyone who ever hurt her. I wanted to be there for her. I wish I had scolded her for every wrong choices she made. Kept nugging her, until she told me everything about her life, or just read those eyes.

"Akash, you can't beat veer for something he has not done!", Udita scolds me as she tends to my wounds, that I got while beating that shit outta veer. I wish, I could find her somehow.

~ A month Later ~

Its been almost a month, mishka's phone is unreachable, as it seems she does not want us to contact her. I don't want to believe, that she could belittle udita's love so easily. But, she is mishka, who gives little care of people around her, there is a void so deep, and its so hard to not think about the events, when you have all these questions and seem to have no answers. How did I fall in love with her so deeply when in fact, I was never part of her life.

"One more refill please", I scream at the bartender, who seems to disappear every few minutes.

My eyes are burning, and my brain is starting to blur the pain. Maybe, alcohol isn't so bad afterall. I never thought, I would be drinking alone for the first time, my first alcohol to pain, cheers.

*phone rings*

Udita - where are you dude?
Gauri - send me your location please?

I switch off my phone, I don't want to see people, I just want to be left alone. I try to close my eyes, but everytime I do, her smile fills my heart, those eyes, so tragically beautiful, yet so eerie. She was made of everything toxic, yet she intoxicated my heart like she was the only missing piece I ever wanted to own.
I could never tell her, how I felt. That everytime, I saw her kissing veer, I pictured myself. I wanted her be part of everything she was made of. I wanted her see me, beyond what she ever tried. I hate myself for ever thinking, I had a chance with her.

~ 6 months later ~

I am sitting next to gauri, and I can see her getting closer, as I close my eyes, she leans for a kiss. But, then I see mishka, holding me tightly, my heart skips a beat, next thing I know I am kissing a girl who has no idea what my heart wants. Its not her.

Am I selfish for using gauri? Maybe.

Gauri has been there for me, ever since I can remember, she is everything mishka is not. She is good for my health, good for my heart. I can't take this heartache, Mishka will always be my first love, and maybe I wont be able to love anyone the same, but maybe I can love someone else.

I just need an escape.

*~ 1 year later ~*

"Akash, I am so done with classes, we should seriously go out somewhere for a trip", gauri frowns.

"Okay babe, I will talk to the squad", I reply
An escape of any kind is good enough.

"Alright, but today we have to meet your mom, remember?", gauri smiles

"You mean on video call?"

"Ofcourse! Its been 6 months, I want to say hi to her!!", gauri is always high on energy.

"Yeah okay, I will try", I reply plainly.
How can I ? I have dragging this carade for too long. Pretending to love her. I do like her, but only if I could see mishka just once again. If maybe for once, I could ask her why she left us? Or why she decided to block us all without any prior notice. Or just ask her if she ever liked me too, maybe I could move on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

Sorry for not updating for so long. I was not doing so well mentally and wanted a bteak from everything. But, I love story so much and all I need is your support.

Love you all a lot!

Count down to last 6 chapters

Love-
Ziva!

(Next update on 17th march)