21

*Mishka's POV*

My heart was so fast, I feel like I would faint, or worse throw up. The day I imagined, re imagined, re played in my brain so many times, was finally happening.

Its like a tune, that plays back of your head, and you want to get out of it so bad, but its stuck. So was this moment, I have dreaded it like no other, but I have still wanted it to happen so bad.

"Ready?", akaash asks me as he starts his bike, and all could do was nod.

He is still apparently not willing to talk to me, and thats perfectly fine. I am not going to shake him out of it. I have never been a people pleaser.

He felt very different than all the others guys, and it better he stays away, because he could fix me, and I won't want to be fixed.

"How much longer?", I ask him.

"Mishka, have patience, its just barely been 15 mins. We have a long way to cover", akaash replies agitated.

"I just asked, you could have been a lot politer", I reply angrily.

"You know what is your problem? You want people to treat you differently, while you continue to make them feel worthless your time", he replies, and feel offended.

"What exactly you mean?", I ask

"Leave it", all he says, looking straight at the road ahead of us.

"Stop the vehicle!", I demand

"Mishka, we don't have to talk about it, anyways we are going to vihaang's birthday and I dont want to spoil my mood before that", he replies.

"Sure! I am not interested in listening to your cranky little talk as well", I reply and look away.

**********

*Akash's POV*

She was this breeze of wind, I could not walk away from. Every bit of her voice is intoxicating and my heart is just so very much in love with the way her hair danced to rythme of the wind. But, I never tell her, how my heartbeat resonates with her voice, and how I long to be a little closer. Because, girls like her don't care about love.

She won't appreciate a love, that is beyond lust, willing to hold her hand, and walk her through storms.
She would rather want a rush love, with no commitments, no long terms, something she could walk out of and walk away.

"We reached", I reply and she nods getting out the seat.

If only mishka, you could see how guys like veer, might look nice and charming, but they have no love in their heart, just lust in their soul.

"Lets go?", she taps my shoulder

"Mishka, you carry on, I forgot to get a gift, so I will buy something and then join you", I reply

"No wait! I need you to come along, I can't go alone", she manages to reply through her heavy breathes

"Whats wrong?", I ask

"Umm. I don't know. Can I come with you?", she asks softly

Mishka nervous about something, is weird, it seemed she was unwillinging to walk through the front door. As if something kept her from walking, a fear of some sort. But, maybe I am over analysing.

"Alright!", I reply and start walking towards a store nearby. She walks along with me, still looking away.

"Whats wrong?", I ask her

"Just some things", she replies

"We might not be friends, but you can still trust me", I reply

"I still consider you a friend, and I trust you as well, I just don't trust my luck", she replies

"What went wrong?", she asks me

"Lets not talk about it", all I could reply

"Right. Lets not", she nods.

***********

They walked into a hall, full of people, people they barely know. Eyes, gleamingly searching for familiar faces.

As akaash looked around for vuhaang, mishka looked nervously looked around for her mother.
She didnt fear, that won't be able to find her, eventually she would.
But her fear was, if she would be recognised.

A daughter, looking for a little love, a little faith, and some shelter her heart longed.

"Akasssh !!", vihaang screams and both of them walk towards the one familiar face they recognised.

"Hi di!", vihaang greets mishka as she fights her tears so bad.

It would be rather foolish to think that a word as simple like sister could make a difference.
But for mishka, it was rain drop in desert, like a thirst, a quest, a word, her ears had been dying to hear. A voice she was dying to listen. A home she had been deprived of.

"Where is aunty?", mishka asks anxiously.

"Mom, is upstairs, come I will make you both meet her", vihaang hold their hand and drags them into a hallways that leads them to a sraircase.

"Can I get water?", mishka asks softly

"Sure di, I will get it ", vihaang runs towards a passage and disappears

"You can tell me, whats wrong?", akaash asks concerned.

Mishka finally looks at akaash, with her eyes filled with tears, her hands trembling and her voice breaking.

Akaash, not wasting a minutes, hugs her and the warmth melts her heart even more. Hugs of such weak moments break you even more. A love when love seems distant is when heart can no longer be strong.

Mishka was after all just a girl, with broken pieces.

"Akaash, I need to tell you, a big secret of my life", mishka speaks through her tears.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys!

Sorry for so late update!
Been damn busy, but I am trying my best to give you an update!

Bear with my irregular updates!

Hope you loved the development!
Do you think mishka's mom would recognize her?

Do you think, this trip will change mishka and akash's equation?

Stay tuned!

Love,
Ziva! ❤