20

*Mishka's POV*

While the entire college was hyped up for the Junior party, I had no such intention of go for the party or have a date. Mostly because I am not willing trade my soul and sincerity for anyone, let alone to hype up some random party.

My life is already spiced up.

For instant, breaking up with reyansh and dating veer within a month, has to be highlight of all the bad decisions I ended up committing within a month. I don't need to explain my intentions as I don't have any good ones anyways.

With veer in my pocket, I am able to know more about vihaang, without the need to contact Akash.

The stupid arrogant human being.

I guess I will never know what I did to push Akash away, but whatever it is, I am glad, he finally has a life. Gauri and Akash are about to make things official, and nothing makes me more happy knowing two dumbasses are going to be together. Perfect couple in all sense.

Its the most awaited time of the year, we have our first exams comming up.
Note the sarcasm please.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~*
Gauri's POV

Come on I can do this, I can do this. I can.
Its so scary to ask a guy out, trust me. All of these butterflies in your stomach trying to escape. Gosh!

I see akash heading towards the class, I run towards him, he gives me why-so-weird look.

"Hey akash I- ", I try to speak when udita comes towards, akash.

"Hey akash!", she smiles blemingly.
"Hey udita", he smiles back

"Rohit, told me you are still without a partner, wanna go out with me for prom?", she asks and I feel so jealous.

"Yes, sure!", he replies.
No god damn why!

"By the way, gauri you were saying something", he asks, while udita murmurs Hi to me.

Yes, sure. Now you realise, you little piece of shit.

"Nothing, just wanted to say Hi", I reply trying to cover up the lump in my throat.

I walk away, sitting next to rohit, while akash joins us. Rohit, gives me a note.

"Prom?"
"Alright", I write back.

I look at akash, who is giving exchanging these weird looks with rohit. I don't understand men!
Ugggh!

I see udita and mishka, talking excitedly. Well only udita being all jumpy.
Ofcourse! She stole my prom date afterall.

*~~~~~~~~~~*

Mishka's POV

I have never seen udita so happy. And, the mere thought of her going to prom with akash scares me. Its going to be super awkward.

I can handle veer and akash together. No way in hell.

Luckily, I see Mrs. Seth entering, for the first time, it feels good to see a faculty entering. At least the thought of akash and veer can leave my mind.

"So students, good morning! Today we will talk about start ups, just to see the efforts that go on, while building a successful company", she smiles.

"Mishka! Name a startup for me dear", she smiles.

"OYO?", I reply, while the entire class giggles.
Remind me again, I am not in high school but college. But, these people will never grow up.

"Yes students! OYO is a great example of a start up that has been doing so well in india.", she replies.

As usual I zone out. Thinking about mom. I been having this deep urge to meet her once. Its not like, she does know how I look. She would recognise me. Would she?

Class gets over. And I see people getting up. I walk with udita, who is walking towards gauri gang.

"Akash, mishka and veer are going to register for prom. We will also go register, okay?", she asks akash.

"Yeah sure", he replies with a smile, without even looking at me.

"We will also come", rohit replies.
Atleast I won't have to handle gauri and veer alone. Rohit would be there to take a part of headache away.

We all walk towards the college enterance, while two students are sitting near a stall like set up, meant to prom registerations. Our might be the only college where proms are taken so seriously.

"MISHKA AHUWALIA", I say my name, and a girl hands me a little coupon which reads, "13" my prom number. This can't get any more iconic.

"Hey mish!", rohit smiles at me.
"Hey!", I reply back, weirded out by him suddenly talking to me.

"I wanted to ask you something", he says softly.

"Sure thing, go on", I reply
It sounds like something, I won't like hearing.

"Veer told me, you and veer went to this cafe called moonlight, was it a nice place?", he asks

"Yes it is", I reply still confused

"Alright", he smiles

"You could have asked that to veer also, right?", I ask confused.

"Yes, but I want the girl perspective on it", he blushes
I feel bad for rohit, falling in love with a cheese cake would be terrible.
That also when the cheese cake talks non -stop and tries to be overly sweet and dramatic.

"You will enjoy it, there are smoking rooms and cheap booze there", I try give a lame input just to brush off any love and relationship questions, he might be willing to ask.

"Oh! I don't smoke, but yes booze would be great", he replies

"Oh sad", I reply

"You smoke?", he asks surprised

"Duh!", I reply
Akash walks towards us, for the first time, I feel a sense of relief to see him. Those typical questions on my lifestyle and habits are too annoying. And, I forget at times, I am surrounded by kids.

"Mishka, tomorrow is vihaang's birthday and he wants you to come", he almost screams in my ears

"Oh well", I am almost paralysed.
Yes lord! I was dying to meet mom, but not like this. Not when akash will be there. No way in hell I want vihaang to discover about me, through my mom's overly dramatic reaction.

"You comming?", he asks again

"Yeah sure", I reply, regretting my decision the very second.

Maybe this is how my relationship with my brother ends again.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Hey guys!

How was the chapter?

This will be the turning point of the story. Wait for it!

Thanking you for bearing with my inconsistency and not hitting me with slippers.
I promise to be more regular!

Love!