Lunch

Felix was beyond irritated. In London, he was used to having lunch served in the cafeteria. Here, there was no service. Everyone brought their own home-made lunch while he brought lunch money with nothing to spend on. His dim-witted cousin forgot to inform him that there was no service. Now, he was in the library with an empty stomach, furiously flipping through pages of the oldest novels one can find in a school library. 

He felt a light tap on his shoulder and his mood worsened. He did not like being disturbed while he was (trying) to read. He snapped at the person behind him with a, "what?" 

The girl was not fazed by his sharp coldness. Felix was too angry to care. The bluenette only extended a bag towards him. A lunch bag. Felix raised his brow at her, silently asking her what it was. "Lunch," she said, extending it forward, with no sign of withdrawing, "I noticed you didn't have lunch, so I'll give you mine."

"And you expect me to repay you, how?" Felix asked, knowing the usual, "girl approaches you," cliche. And whatever it is, he will say no. 

"No payment," she answered, and that only shocked him. Why wouldn't she want payment?

"If you think I'll accept your pity, I will not-"

"Look, new kid, I am trying to be nice to you and I don't care what you think this is supposed to be. Just take the darn bag and I'll be on my way. No payment, no pity-party. Just a free lunch."

Felix was bewildered. She said everything he was not expecting her to say. So, with hesitation, he took the bag. "Thank you."