Luka

"... Luka," Adrien interrupts softly. Luka strums his guitar one last time before he focused his attention on the teen in front of him. They comfortably sat on Luka's bed, Adrien's jacket tossed to the side, and instead, he wears one of Luka's sweaters. It was a bit oversized, but Adrien found it comfortable. 

Adrien fumbled at the hem of the navy cloth, finding it more interesting than Luka's eyes. "Do you still like Marinette?" he asked quietly, the question almost feels like it is being choked out of Adrien's throat. 

Luka's brows slightly furrowed. Luka and Adrien agreed to stay away from the topic of Marinette as far as possible because it often causes rifts between them. But Luka couldn't deny it. "Yes," he answered, slightly leaning back. "Why do you ask?" Luka asked, "Is there something the matter?" 

Adrien uncomfortably shifts from Luka's bed. "Nothing," he answered. 

"Clearly there is something," Luka said, plucking a few strings of his guitar, playing a melancholy tune. "If it was nothing, then you wouldn't have brought it up. But, you don't have to tell me if you're not comfortable." 

"... I'm worried about Felix. Marinette did things to Lila I don't approve of, and don't say Marinette didn't  do it, because I have pictures of Lila's bruises to prove it." 

Luka stayed quiet as Adrien ranted on how Felix hasn't been spending much time with him since he arrived. He let Adrien reminisce childhood memories with his cousin and let him rant about his worries about how he thought Marinette would be able to steal him away from him. 

Luka knew Marinette couldn't do such things. He knew her and she was a sweet girl. Marinette convinced him not to cut ties with anyone who spoke ill of her if they were close companions of his, but it still hurts not to stand up for her. 

He blames Lila for this mess. 

Somehow, in some twisted way, he thanks Marinette for making him promise not to say anything. He enjoys spending time with his sister and friend. He likes knowing he could be trusted with Adrien's worries despite his feelings towards the bluenette. 

He sat beside Adrien when he started to tug on his hair- a sign he was near a breakdown. He carefully put his arm around the younger boy's shoulders and let the blonde lean on him. And for that, Adrien was grateful.