Chapter 5

"

Y/N's eyes slowly peel open to the mess of white strings in front of him, like a yarn ball or something, he reached out and grabbed it, the silky white strands flowed through his fingers it smelled like almonds, candied almonds. He looked around, felt around, the sheets were too nice for his apartment. The walls a different color, work out equipment, and a person...In BED, WITH HIM! he jumped and fell out of the bed, the mess of white hair rose itself up and turned to him, grey eyes emerged from behind the curtains across them. 

"Morning babe" The face smiled, everything slammed back into his mind, and he took a sigh of relief. 

"Sorry just got a bit...disoriented" He pushed himself back up "...Wait what happened last night?"

"Hmm? oh sorry i didnt explain last night, I was too tired at the time" She shrugged "You cut your hand on a knife that cuts portals into the void dimension" he looks at his hand, a bandage was wrapped around his palm. Unravelling it there looks to be a cut but instead of blood and flesh theres a strange purplish substance "Yeah and this traitor fly demon used the chance to try and snatch you up" she said rather spitefully, her hands motioning as if she was squeezing a ball. "So i busted my way in and saved you"

"...I dont think i'll ever understand how you people live" he chuckled and peeked into the hallway, wrapping his hand again "I should get go-" 

"-No" she cut him off "That knife has never cut human flesh, why it was out we don't know, i have my suspicions though, but nonetheless we dont know what will happen to you, theoretically you'll just heal over and youll have a little portal under your skin" he pondered what exactly that meant for a moment "But we dont know, so you're staying here until we find out" He paused.

"But what about my job?"

"Helltaker called" She stood up and went into her closet "By the way you're his brother now, at least as far as your boss is concerned" she stepped out and was...half-naked Y/N threw himself to turn away red as a tomato.

"S-Sorry" he covered his eyes. 

"Whats the matter dear" she had a very clearly sly tone and it was getting closer, her arms were wrapped around his chest and she pressed herself up against his back.

"I-I-I you're not helping" His legs began to wobble.

"What?" she leaned into his ear "We did just sleep together" she chuckled.

"w-w-what, no no we like s-s-slept together, not like slept-slept together" His legs gave out, being caught by her.

She chuckled more, sitting on the ground and sitting back so hes laying on top of her on their backs "Yes, not slept-slept together" she smiled, running her fingers through his hair, they were thin, delicate almost, a far cry from the brawling, strong knuckle dusting girl who saved him yesterday. 

"C-Can you get dressed first at least" He tried to sound in charge but failed obviously.

"Alright sweetie, only if you agree to make me pancakes for breakfast" he nodded as the two got up, she planted a kiss on his cheek and walked off to get changed. 

Y/N walked down stairs and looked around the empty house, the sun had risen yet no one seemed to be awake, though as he moved through the house it became clear that modeus was already awake. He shrugged it off and entered the kitchen, grabbing an apron and grabbing some ingredients and supplies, beginning to put together some blueberry pancakes. 

Eventually the upstairs calmed down and the small sounds of gentle dainty tinkerbell footsteps rang out, he turned to see who woke up, Y/N saw a girl in white, short black hair, pen in her pocket and notebook in hand, and a...halo? she seemed out of place, but she did make eye contact with him. Smiling and hurrying over. 

"Hello! you're justice's lover right?" she said cheerily

"Oh...uh yeah, for now" 

"Can I see your hand...please, it will be a great point of interest for my essay, no my BOOK, I have enough material to write a book at this point"

"oh uh sure" he unwrapped it and offered it to her, keeping an eye on the cakes. She took a hold of it and examined the portal, poking and prodding it with her fingers. 

"Wow this is rather interesting sir" she looked up to him, looking above his head her face seemed confused "hmm..." he lifted his hand to his head 

"Huh, whats wrong?" he looked up and saw nothing. 

"O-oh...its none the matter" she brushed it off, clearly more concerned than she was before. hurrying upstairs as Y/N returned the bandage to it's spot. As she left her footsteps were replaced with the loud thumping of only one person's footsteps. 

"good morning 'brother' I supposed Justice filled you in?" The taker entered the kitchen, towering over Y/N he peered into the pan. "Hmm, another new dish, guess I just gotta make coffee today." He reached into a cabinet and grabbed a slip of paper. 

"Yeah, they dont mind do they?" he flipped it onto the stack he was making and poured another.

"Nah I doubt they will, those smell great too, should wake them in a snap" he chuckled as Y/N began to set the table.

"Yeah, a recipe my mother taught me, memorized it as soon as I could" he said proudly as he laid the cakes out, and more commotion could be heard upstairs. Eventually the girl in white came down with a very tired looking demon. Conversing in a language he didnt know. 

"Lets just hope the coffee is good" the taker said as the demon approached him, holding up a finger to the girl in white and sipping the coffee. She visually changed, her frown turned to a sadistic smile, her horns grew slightly. 

"You've done well" she turned to Y/N "Now you" she held out a clawed hand "Let me see your hand" he hesitantly offered it to her "Thank you" she yanked it closer and again examined the cut, even licking it, which made him shudder. "Hmm, you might be correct Azazel, we'll have to look into this, do well and ill reward you" the two left the room.

"Not sure what's up with them" The taker said.

"Strange to see the Angel so confident about something" The ceo of hell chimed in, turning around everyone had seemed to begin digging into the breakfast, it was a little startling how silent they were. "But both of them have set their sights on you Y/N, which means something about you is special...Hell if i know what" she said rather apathetically.