Chapter 11

It was early in the morning in the taker household. The first morning after they moved out was quiet for taker, considering he wasn't being forced to do morning workouts by Justice, a nice morning for pancakes. 

Until he heard a knock at the door. The taker walked over and opened the door, met by a rather...sweaty justice "Morning taker" she stated. 

"Did...did you run all the way back here?" the taker questioned. 

"Yeah, its important, I need to talk to Monica and the angel"

"I'd imagine its important, but its 7 in the morning, Azazel might be awake but I doubt Pandemonica is even close to being awake"

"Well go make the best coffee you ever could, Its pretty important"

The taker sighed "it cant wait?" he looked at her for a moment and in what seemed like a sense of super insight he could tell it couldn't. Every single aspect of her face, the strictly straightened eyebrows, the deep frustration in her grey eyes, and the thin line of her mouth, it all screamed one word: NO.

"Ugh...fine" helltaker grabbed his nape nervously, avoiding her gaze. 

"Good!" Her face shifted to a determined smile as she ended up with the answer she wanted. 

"Move it block heads!" A rough voice shouted out from behind them, that and the stench of smoke made deducing who it was pretty easy before Helltaker moved, revealing Zdrada, a small dufflebag slung over her arm. "Im going out taker, be back tonight" she walked right passed them into the driveway. 

"...sigh...I need to talk to her in a bit, come on inside" the Taker ushered the demon inside, "I'll go get Monica" he walked up the stairs as justice waited downstairs. As she waited she heard a loud "WHAT?" then a THUNK. Deducing what happened easily Justice ran upstairs, bursting into monica's room.

 "HEY!" she shouted, seeing Monica looking more pissed than ever and a crumpled up taker clutching his groin, "Get off of him! I wanted to talk to you" Monica shot her a glare, raised her hand for a moment before halting and calming herself down. 

"Apologies, but he knew what would happen if he forgot my coffee in the morning. Now..." she stepped closer to justice, "...What do you want?"

"What did you find out about Y/N?" Justice asked the question bluntly.

Monica paused for a moment, ending it with a sigh "Justice you would not want to know" She answered in kind.

"What do you mean I wouldn't want to know? I..."

"You what?" The sadistic demon crossed her arms across her chest and took up a sassy posture.

I-I love him, in a real way, more than I've ever loved you, or the others, taker-no offense man-or..." Monica raised an eyebrow as Justice hesitated "...even...even lucifer" she grew uncharacteristically sheepish when she mentioned it. 

"Exactly, and I imagine you wouldn't want that to change now would you?" Monica stated, her voice carried a renewed confidence with every word. 

"N-no...How would this change anything about that?" 

"If I told you that defeats the purpose of me asking this" Justice was left as mute as her sight was. She silently turned around in the doorway and walked down the stairs, taking a seat on the couch. She sat in contemplation trying to deduce what she meant by that, what would ruin their relationship that easily, was this a trick? Why would Pandemonica do this though with this much thought, she doesn't gain anything it must've been something real.

As she sat there, watching the taker brew some coffee for Monica "H-hey taker...I think I'll stay here for a while..."

"Don't worry, you're always welcome here if you want, just know that Y/N might get worried" 

"Yeah..." she sat on the couch for a while, unsure what even just happened.