Chapter 6

A/N: Just a quick warning this will cover some somewhat heavy topics but wont go super in depth into them. If mentions of break ups, or even worse suicide and depression id stay away.

After the rather strange breakfast Y/N took a seat outside with the others, well he was rather separated from the others. Watching Justice and Judgement toss a tennis ball around the yard with the triad of Cerberus sprinting between them. It was rather nice to watch until eventually he heard something, looking to it he sees the taker placing a chair down next to Y/N and plopping himself in it. 

"So, hows your hand feeling" he pointed at the bandage, beer in hand. 

"Uh not sure, it feels weird" he looks at it.

"Those girls, Azazeal and Pandemonica, they're up to something arent they?" 

"Haha, yeah, id be lying if I said I wasn't nervous"

"Well, since your boss thinks were brothers now, tell me about yourself, like...your life story"

"Hmm okay, not that interesting but, i grew up basically alone, my parents were both business people. For the most part my friend's parents were more of parents to me than mine, to the point where even they gave me 'the talk' its weird. But other than that school wasnt too werd until, after highschool. I went to culinary school I had wanted to start a restaurant, so I studied culinary arts and business, also doubled as a backup plan. It was fine, nothing much, but after that I got waiting tables, it wasn't the best but I met this girl, the most beautiful girl i had every seen, she was a waitress there and man, she always knew how to deal with customers, she always crouched down to speak with children..."

"She sounds great" he commented

"Yeah, all the cliché stuff, perfect smile, eyes, hair, everything...we even opened a small restaurant together moved in and I loved her, always learned new recipes to cook for her, putting so much time into her and of course it all came crashing down" he rubbed his eyes a bit "I came home, she opened the door, in the nude under a towel. Of course I thought it was a surprise for me, an odd one but she seemed distressed" The look on the Taker's face said he knew where this was going. 

"Th-There was another guy there" Y/N takes a deep breath "I...I snapped, I screamed at her, demanded the key back, kicked her out as soon as she got clothes on" he groans a bit "I-I had to close the restaurant. I don't know if i'd call it luck but I did find a shitty desk jockey job, terrible bosses, awful co-workers, and more than enough terrible paychecks" He slumped into his chair "I-I hated it so...so much, I felt myself spiraling down and down but i knew I couldn't do anything" he started to tear up "I...I made a trip to the hardware store one night...w-went home looked up a video on how and t-tied up a n-n-n-n...n..."

"Yeah, I get the picture" the taker says grimly 

"Of course it didn't work" he starts bawling "M-my neighbor heard the chair fall and went to ask, heard me choking and helped" the Taker put his hand on Y/N's shoulder. 

"Yeah...mortal life is tough but its pretty clear that you know people will be there. Life goes up and down and you really must ride out those downs to reach the ups...considering you got this far just keep that up" It was a regal voice he recognized as Lucifer's.

"y-yeah..." He began crying not caring how everyone had began to surround him, the three playing didn't seem to notice. He feels himself being tugged meeting a soft chest.

"Its okay, I'm always willing to help you calm down if you need to" modeus said.

Y/N chuckled "I-thanks modeus but i think im alright for now" he pulled away and wiped his tears "Thanks guys...I...I really needed to get that off my chest" he nodded and pushed himself up "Ill go see if they want another" he jogged out to join Justice, judgement and the dogs all the way till the sun took its rest under the horizon and they all retired inside.