Chapter 13

The pair walked silently down the wide city sidewalks, Justice only now noticing how lightly she was dressed compared to everyone else. She looked over to Y/N standing next to her, his ears still a hot burning red, she thought back to the views from lucifer's castle, that great city of death. She remembered those bright red cracks of lava running through the city's sewers, gutters and streets. She remembered those warm arms wrapped around her, the two queens of hell and their forsaken kingdom.

"Here it is" Y/N stopped walking and motioned to a restaurant, pulling her attention away from her thoughts.

"Oh, It looks nice...should we go inside?" she motioned noticing how he froze up.

"Uh, yeah...lets go" he pushes forward and through the doors, almost immediately Y/N sees a hand shoot up in the back of the restaurant "There he is" Y/N let out a joking sigh as Jamie stood up from his seat and waved the pair over. 

"There's the man of the hour" Jamie walked over to the pair "And youuuu must be the lucky lady that saved someone's life" he said with a teasingly naughty tone.

"Very very funny" Y/N sighed and motioned between the two, "Justice, this is Jamie, Jamie this is Justice," he introduced the two.

"Well pleasure to meet you ma'am, allow me to show you to your table" he stated in a rather joking manner.

"You already started drinking, how long have you guys been here for?" 

"Oh not long," Jamie said with a smile "Come, come," and with that he ushered us to our seats.

"He seems fun" Justice chuckled nervously as they trailed behind Jamie. 

"That's one way to put it," Y/N said with a chuckle.

"And there he is," someone spoke up as they arrive at the table. Looking to the voice Justice was met with a large man, almost as big as the taker, "How's it going, my favorite nerd" he walked over to Y/N and quickly wrapped his arm around Y/N's head as he struggles to get back.

"Yeah yeah good to see you too Tate" Y/N finally manages to squeeze his head out of the man's grip "Glad to see you still haven't showered" he shot back as Tate went back to sit. The table was surrounded by five people who Justice could easily guess were Y/N's friends. "So, you met Jamie and Tate, the others are Alissa and Marquez...And I think that guy's just someone Jamie picked up recently"

"Alex, and we've been together for two weeks now by the way" the stranger added.

The group waved as Y/N pointed them out "And guys, this is Justice" Y/N motioned to her. And as he did she felt strangely nervous, she was just meeting his friends, she just needed to take a breath. 

"It'll be fine" She mumbled to herself.

"Hey, nice to meet you" Alissa floatily waved a slender hand, the girl looked so thin she could float on air.

"Loving the gloves" Tate firmly extended out a hand to the demon, the man was built like a tiger, pure muscle attached to bones, "You box? Mma?" he asked as Justice took his hand, as intimidating as he was, Justice could tell that she should like this man. 

"Yeah...a little bit of everything you could say" she distantly responded, feeling his grip tighten as if offering a competition, but she didn't budge, so he gave up and got back in his seat. 

Y/N took a seat, motioning Justice to take one as well. She hesitated a moment before sitting down, she nervously slid her hand into Y/N's. He could feel her shaking, looking up at her she returned a smile and so he did the same, hiding his concern. 

"So, now that Y/N is finally back and alive, I say we buy the new pair some drinks" Marquez spoke up, getting right to the point. 

"Ah yes yes of course" Jamie spoke up, "you want anything you big hunk of bear meat" he flirted with the stranger.

"I'm still working on this one, how about you slow down a bi-...and hes gone" he chuckled and looked back to the group, with a sigh.

"Dont worry, we dont understand his liver either" Alissa added with a chuckle. 

"yeah welcome to the club" Tate said.

And as soon as Jamie returned with new drinks the night truly began for the group. It took off like a hurricane, they were drinking, joking, laughing, and celebrating. Yet in the center of it all, Justice felt like she was being dragged along. As the night went on she felt herself shaking, nervously, as if her heart sped up, she felt dizzy, looking around for some answer she was met with Y/N. 

"Are you alright..." Justice could barely pay attention to what he was saying. "Justice...what's..." her head darted around, she felt something near her, a threat...something from above, an angel was here. 

"JUSTICE" Y/N slung his arms around her, he pulled her in close, pressing his head into her "Justice...whats wrong? Please, just calm down" he pleaded to her, causing her to freeze, she felt something new, similar to the other presence, but it felt...nurturing, she felt herself slow as she stared at Y/N, she wrapped her arms around him too. He lifted his head up, she couldn't make it out but she saw him say something to the others. Before she knew it, they were standing up and leaving, and on the walk back, her mind would not dare leave his hand, the hand that was tightly wrapped around hers, like an anchor, keeping her afloat.