➳ nine

Ashton

Jase stared at me from her garage.

I stared right back into her brown eyes, tightening my bandana once again. My eyes never left hers.

She sat down at her drum set, and I sat down at mine.

She began drumming, and it was pretty good. Great actually. Jase stopped, then looked back at me expectantly. She was challenging me.

My lips curved into a smirk, then I began drumming. It was mostly freestyle, so I let myself go with the flow.

I stopped, and looked back up. Jase was staring right at me, watching my every move. She observed my drumming, and I could tell she was hiding her smile.

Then she began, and gosh she was so amazing. She has this punk-vibe when she drums, and it was really impressive for a girl.

Jase then did a trick I could never master, and I felt my cheeks turn pink. She slowly stood up as she drummed, literally. She didn't stop until she was standing up fully. I've always tried that, but failed.

To finish it off, Jase threw the drumstick up in the air while still playing the bass drum with her foot. She caught it, then banged the symbols at the end.

I was left with my lips parted, feeling the sweat dripping down behind my bandana. Jase saw my expression and smirked, slowly standing up and nearing the button to the garage door.

Before her finger pressed the button, she mouthed two words, 'i won'.

Then she pressed the button with her finger as the garage door slowly closed.

➳ ➳ ➳ ➳

I just had some bomb pizza from the pizzeria in the city I used to live in and I still taste it ohmygawd - Nina