➳ ten

Jase

I lay on the roof of my house, the moonlight sky brightening up the darkness of the neighborhood. Dad was downstairs, working on something for work.

Dad's really cool, because he works at the art center. He's also a sculptor, and I love helping him build sometimes.

I heard someone grunting, sitting up as I turned my head. "Good evening." Ashton panted, laying down next to me. I furrowed my eyebrows, "what are you doing here?"

He rolled his eyes, "chill, drummer girl. I brought pizza." I cocked an eyebrow, "you got anchovies?" He scrunched his nose, and it was cute. "Ew. No."

Either way, I got a slice of pizza and bit into it. He giggled, "you have cheese hanging off your lip." I shyly wiped it off.

"So what's your story? Like, what can I know about you?" Ashton asked. I was taken aback, but shrugged, "what's there to know? I drum, I'm adopted, and I enjoy reading."

Ashton gave me a look, not convinced. "Dig deeper, Jase."

I bit my lip, Ashton watching me. "Uh....Margaret." I breathed. Ashton furrowed his eyebrows, "what?" I looked down, sighing, "my original name was Margaret."

Ashton grinned, biting into another slice of pizza, "tell me more."

➳ ➳ ➳ ➳

Happy happy happy be hAPPY PEOPLE EMBRACE THE ART OF SMILING AND LAUGHING :-) - Nina

Edited: why am I so happy I need to calm down