Chapter 10

It was 2:17am Lauren had noted on her Sony alarm clock near her dark Marbella night stand. Closing her eyes in frustrated, the green eyed  girl vehemently uncovered herself from her bed sheet as she made her way toward the front door. Quickly opening the door as another hard knock resonated throughout the room; Lauren combed back her hair with her left hand as she steeled herself for whoever was waking her up so early.

"What" she exclaimed before even taking notice of who was standing before her.

"We have a problem" Aiden firmly stated as he looked Lauren straight in the eye. "Get ready. Meeting in Dylan's room in 5"

Before Lauren was able to say another word, the team lead already made his way over to the next room to knock on Skylar's door. Closing her own room door to swiftly put on some clean clothes, the green eyed  girl knew something was wrong given the look in Aiden's eyes. Lauren knew that look well; either someone was injured or they found out where Ally was which wasn't going to end well. Feeling her heart race at either of the indications affecting her old friend, Lauren swallowed to try to calm her nerves. She didn't know what she would tell the girls if something happened to Ally. She made a promise. How could her promise be broken in mere hours?

Taking in a deep breath, Lauren shook out all the thoughts that crossed her mind as she hurriedly made her way to Dylan's room. She had to keep her mind clear of any thoughts besides the task at hand. This was her job. She had to find out what their next objective was going to be. Opening the unlocked door, Lauren saw Aiden and Dylan hunched over his laptop sitting on the desk. From afar Lauren couldn't make out who what they were looking at; but as a familiar voice suddenly echoed through the air, Lauren knew exactly who it was.

"Officer Jauregui " Commander Mahoney firmly stated.

"Commander Mahoney" Lauren greeted with a hint of confusion in her voice. "Good to see you again sir" she continued as she made her way closer to Dylan's laptop to properly see her commanding officer.

"I wish I could say the same" the built officer retorted.

"Sir?" Lauren asked before hearing the door behind her open once again as Skylar and David made their way in.

"Great, the team is all here" another familiar soon vibrated through the room as it forced Lauren to snap her head back at the laptop.

"Commander Collins" Skylar greeted.

Dipping his head a little, the commanding officer acknowledged the hazel eyed officer's greeting before finally stating the reason for the late night conference. "Apologies for having to wake you up so early; especially after yesterday's events. I know you could use the rest. Unfortunately we received dire news about an hour ago that deals with the case"

"Ally" Lauren mumbled in fear; loud enough for the commanding officers to hear.

"Ms. Hernandez  is still missing. However, an additional victim is now missing" Commander Mahoney replied.

Feeling her heart beat faster at the thought of one of the girls be taken, Lauren straightened her back abruptly ready to run out of the room; but stopped as she heard Commander Collins.

"Commander Cabello  was taken at 01:23 today as he was leaving the office" the robust officer bluntly stated.

Frozen in complete disbelief, Lauren had to sit down at the edge of the closest bed to try to grasp the idea of the brunette's father now being taken as well.

"Sir?" Aiden asked perplexed at what he just heard.

Immediately changing the conference on the laptop screen to a video of Commander Field's office parking lot, the commanding officer continued. "Caminiti himself was the one doing the kidnapping; he was trying to send a message. Fortunately, it doesn't look like he has harmed Commander Cabello  while in the process of taking him. But the last image is what frightened us. While he holds Commander Field's from behind, he turns their body toward the camera as he smiles before throwing the commander in the van. He knew we would be watching the video"