Chapter 6

The Joint Expeditionary Base located in Virginia was truly known for its historical background. Created during World War I, the base became the Headquarters for Harbor Defense Command during World War II and is still obliging 13 different organizations.

After making their way off the helicopter pad toward the main building, the team stopped shy of the revolving doors to take in the massive historic setting. They've been to several bases before, however most of them were new and modern. None of them had the history and pride this place held.

Feeling a sudden sense of honor dawn upon them, the group continued through the large glass revolving doors where they were met with one of the Sergeant's up front. Immediately showing a sign of respect toward the highly regarded officer, the team followed suit as they made their way toward one of the large meeting rooms the base had to offer.

Lauren knew Commander Collins had a seething personality but was also seen as one of the most noble commanders the U.S had to offer. Stealing herself a glance of the tanned brunette, Lauren wanted to protect the girl from what was about to happen. Camila knew her way around the base given her own father's title; however she never had to endure this type of reprimand from a high ranked officer.

Immediately hearing the doors open, the team got to their feet awaiting orders from their commanding officer. Observing as the clean cut man silently making his way to the front of the room, he quietly sat down as he took in the files before him. Without looking up, he began the meeting. "Welcome to Virginia" Commander Collins began in a deep raucous voice. "Glad to see everyone's safe and hear there were no casualties" he continued before finally looking up. "Now, can someone tell me what the fuck happened down there? Did the target change from my last conference call with Commander Mahoney? If so, no one instructed me about this change" the heavy built many shouted as he stood up.

"It did sir" Aiden clearly answered.

"Officer Aiden Weaver, am I correct?" Commander Collins stated as he picked up the officer's file to take a better a look of who he was dealing with. "Well officer, when and why did it change?"

"While we were up in the Boeing, Officer Skylar Hensley spotted 3 moving objects on our thermal screens" the team lead honestly responded as he continued. "Officer Lauren Jauregui knew the 3 objects were civilians and friends of our primary target, Ally Hernandez ".

Lauren harshly swallowed as she realized it wasn't going to go well for the girls. Luckily they were just civilians; but the green eyed girl knew Commander Collins was still going to be rough on them. Continuing to listen, she heard the commander speak up once again. "And you initiated the protocol to save these civilians" he stated before looking toward the girls.

"I did sir" Aiden responded as he stood tall.

"Even if it meant losing any possible leads we could have on Ms. Hernandez  whereabouts?" the commanding officer asked as he stood right in front of Officer Weaver.

"Yes sir" the curly hair officer replied without hesitation. "We saw the civilians being surrounded by a group of armed men"

Nodding his head in agreement, the team was suddenly taken aback by the next words to leave the commanders mouth. "You made a respectable call. Are your suits transmitting any video recordings of your mission?"