Chapter 11

It was the gentle stroke on her index finger of her left hand that woke her up; but she didn't want to open her eyes in fear she was simply dreaming. Dipping her head a little further into her pillow, Lauren felt the smooth stroke once again as it made her fluster at the simple touch. The green eyed girl wished she would be able to wake up every day like this; with the same brunette by her side. Slowly opening her eyes, Lauren parted her lips when the girl's long wavy tresses came into view as she witnessed Camila  lying on her right arm.

Lauren knew Camila  was awake as she observed the way the girl's body moved as she breathed. Swallowing to help the sudden dryness in her throat, Lauren took in a deep breath before she shifted her head closer toward Camila  and tightened her left arm around the brunette's waist to bring their bodies closer. Immediately taking in the smell of sweet freesia and red plum, Lauren gently grazed her lips against the soft skin below Camila's left ear; feeling the girl involuntarily flinch against her at the touch. The smile that appeared across both girls lips spoke for itself.

"Morning" Lauren gently whispered in a raspy voice.

"Morning" Camila  whispered back as she continued stroking the green eyed girl's left hand as it still rested around her waist securely.

"Couldn't sleep?" Lauren quietly coaxed as she began playing with Camila's fingers.

Arching an eyebrow at the statement, Camila  had a great night sleep despite knowing her father and best friend were still missing. It was the fact that she was here; in Lauren's arms and her room where she couldn't help but feel completely safe and content. Now laying in the girl's bed as Lauren held her was exactly what she needed. "I just woke up a few minutes ago" she responded calmly as she didn't want the green eyed girl to know exactly how well she slept.

"You know I have to take you back to the girls right?" Lauren stated as she held the brunette even closer.

Sighing as reality struck her, Camila  dug her head into the pillow. "I know"

"And you do know everyone was looking for you this morning right?" Lauren continued as she felt Camila's body curl into the pillow before her.

"I know" the brunette answered back apologetically.

The feeling of losing Camila  suddenly engulfed the green eyed girl with a sense of fear and dread. Just the thought of her getting hurt made Lauren want to hide the girl from everything. "Camz" the green eyed began as she made Camila  turn around to finally hold her gaze as they laid merely inches apart.

"I know" Camila  whispered.

Lauren immediately felt her throat constrict the second Camila  looked at her. Feeling as though she was 17 all over again, Lauren could feel the blush crawl on her cheeks as it seemed as though the brunette could read her thoughts. Drifting her eyes toward Camila’s enviable lips, Lauren watched as the girl did the same.

Feeling her body move on auto-pilot, Lauren gently leaned forward as she placed a small kiss on the brunette's forehead before she softly brushed away a few strands of hair away from Camila  's eyes; placing another kiss on the girl's right temple. Tenderly grazing the brunette's cheek with her left thumb, the girls stayed in the same position; simply revelling in the feel of each other.

Camila  was the first to make a move. Pushing herself up on her left arm, the brunette carefully hovered over the green eyed girl as Lauren nervously shifted to her back. Parting her lips at the new position, Lauren gazed tenderly into Camila’s eyes before back down to her lips; only to come back to her senses.

"I think we should go back to base" the green eyed girl stuttered out making Camila  lean back.

"Right now?" the brunette replied in surprise.