Chapter 26 "Till forever falls apart"

When she opened her eyes he wasn't next to her. She searched for him around the room but he was nowhere to be found.

She slowly got up, her lips were numb and her legs tired from yesterday's events with the Slytherin. A smile was formed in her lips then, as she remembered what had happened.

She left the room and headed downstairs, still searching for him.

"Good morning."She greeted the three Gryffindors boys as she entered the kitchen.

"Good morning." They said with one voice.

"Where is Draco?" She asked as she approached them.

George sighed, "You should better take a sit Hermione."

She let out a nervous laugh as the worst thought crossed her mind, "Why?"

"Hermione..." Harry said. "Sit down please."

She shook her head, taking some steps backwards, "No." Her eyes were shining now, she knew what was going on. "No."

Harry tried to stand up then but her voice stopped him, "Don't get any closer to me Harry." She warned him. "Where is Draco?" She asked again with desperation.

"It was his choice Hermione and we all agreed with him, you wouldn't be able to handle it."

"HOW THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW WHAT I CAN AND CAN NOT HANDLE HARRY." She screamed at her friend.

Harry looked at his broken friend standing infront of him, it was the moment that he realised how much Draco meant to her, how real her feelings for him were and how difficult this situation was for her.

But they had no other choice, he had tried to talk to the Ministry but everything was pointless, he was Draco Malfoy after all, everyone wanted him dead and now they had a reason to give him the kiss, nothing could save him.

"I am going." She said and made her way out of the kitchen before anyone could say word.

The boys shared a glance, "Go." George said to Harry, "He needs you more than anyone right now."

"He is right." Ron agreed with him with a slight of sadness in his voice and eyes.

Harry shook his head, "No, she needs Malfoy, fuck she needs him."

"Harry." Ron warned him with a look.

"Grow up Ron, it's not time for your jealousy, your best friend is about to lose someome that matter a whole lot to her, can you at least not make it any harder?"
Harry spat.

"Really Harry?" Ron fought back. "I am the enemy here? I am the bad one? You knew about this and let it happened anyway, you knew Malfoy was a finished case but you let her fall for him anyway, but I am the bad one huh? I wanted nothing but the best for her and that's exactly why I didn't want her to get invovled with Malfoy."

"Enough." George stopped Harry before he could say a word. "Both of you, this is no one's fault." He sighed. "All we can do is be there for Hermione right now."

The other two boys shared a nod and decided that this argument could wait for now.

~~~~

Despite Harry's demands to go with her she had left alone for the Ministry, she had to be on time, before he would be taken to Azkaban.

As she was walking down the frozen street her mind was empty. The worst thoughts had left her and now there was just a huge black hole, all it mattered was to see him.