Chapter 8 "Is it too late to talk?"

"An unbreakable vow?" Draco questioned. "You know this is illigal right?And dark, really dark magic."

"I know." Hermione murmured. "And that's why it will stay between us."

He looked at the witch, they were now standing pretty close to each other but none of them seemed to notice.

He sighed. "No."

Hermione frowned, "No?"

"I-" He cleared his voice and looked away. "I can't let you do this."

"What?" She said in shock.

"It's dark magic, dangerous magic the one that people go to Azkaban for."

"And why do you care?"

"I don't." He snapped. "I just...know what's like to lose everything because of someone you hate."

She wished he could look at her then, see for himself that she wasn't anrgy at him, that she didn't hate him.

The hate was gone, for a while now, from the day she entered his room and found him by the window, broken and helpless.

She remembered that day, she remembered how he had looked her in the eyes and how for the first time she had lost herself inside them.

She had realised then that these broken eyes couldn't be evil, couldn't be bad.

"Malfoy I.." She started in a low voice, not too sure if she sould let her next words out but she did anyway. "I don't hate you."

He raised his head slowly but didn't look at her, he just stared at the wall.

"You should." He said.

She shook her head. "Maybe, but I don't, not anymore."

He took a breath. "If I do this, if I let you in my head-"

"I promise-"

"I don't want you to promise!" He spinned around and looked at her, his eyes shiny and his lips were trembling. "People can promise anything without meaning it." He paused. "If you see anything, anything that you shouldn't have seen, you will keep it to yourself.You won't discuss it with Potter or Weasley or anyone and most importantly, you won't discuss it with me."

She slowly nodded still holding his gaze. "Okay." She whispered.

"Alright."

"Do you want to do it now?"

He chuckled and shook his head. "No, no I'm not ready."

"Not ready?"

"Yeah Granger I need some time."

She nodded, "I'll come back later."

~~~~

Fuck.

"Fuck!" He screamed in his pillow as loud as he could.

Why?Why now?Why her?His past was the one thing he was running away from, his whole life he has been running away from his mistakes and desicions.

And now?Someone else will have access to them?Someone else will see what he has done and what others have done to him?

And not anyone but Hermione fucking Granger.He knew as soon as she found out about that she would run to her little happy friends and tell them all about it.

Fucking hell she could even come here and try to discuss it with him, that's how idiot she was.

Of course he wouldn't talk to her, he wouldn't even look at her.He knew he couldn't control what she would see and that scared him to death.