Chapter 5 "The gray room"

It was around 3, maybe 4 am.Draco was sitting on his bed hugging his knees tight with his arms.He had bags under his eyes, like almost everyday thanks to his insomnia.

He couldn't sleep, he had only managed 1 hour of restless sleep full of nightmares.Most of the times though his nightmares wete too far from reality that they couldn't scare him.Tonight was different, tonight his nightmare was a memorie not a dream.An old memorie he himself thought he had forgotten.He clearly hadn't.

And then a tear felt and slipped down his cheek, only making him to hug his knees a bit tighter and shut his eyes closed.

"You are okay." He whispered with a trembling voice.

"You are going to be okay."

He had convinced everyone but himself, that was the truth.

The unbreakable Malfoy, he never was that, he never could.

But at least he could fool the others, not himself but the others.During his school years this had seemed to be enough, it wasn't anymore.

He could barely hold himself now and he was afraid, he truly was.He was afraid of everything and anything, of life and death, of love and hate, of good and bad.

After deciding that he wouldn't go back to sleep again, he exited his room and headed to the kitchen downstairs.

Casting a quick lumos to avoid the darkness, he entered the small room.

He grabbed a glass of water and leaned back against the nearest wall.

He felt a new tear rolling down his cheek and he quickly wiped it away with his palm.

Then he turned to the window, gazing at the moon and stars, he could see his reflection on the almost frozen glass, blue sparkling eyes full of shiny tears begging to come out, but he wouldn't let them, he couldn't cry, that was not him, that was not Draco Malfoy.

He sighed and closed his eyes just for a moment.

"Freaking hell Malfoy you scared me to death! I was about to hex you!"

He snapped, letting the glass fall of his hands and down on the floor, making a loud noise as it broke.

Then he looked at her, standing by the door, holding her wand tight.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He asked, running a hand through his blond hair.

"The same thing as you, I got thirsty." She replied and then turned to the broken glass right by his bare feet.

She casted a quick spell and the glass was as good as new.

Then she looked at the Slytherin again, noticing his glossy cheeks and shiny eyes.

"Are you okay?" She asked in a low, almost concerned voice.

Great timing Granger, Draco thought and wiped the remains of his tears away.

"Yeah." He replied in a bored tone, never leaving her gaze.

She only nodded, obviously unconvinced.

She neared him, reaching for the cupboard just above his head.

"Could you move?" She questioned.

He looked down at her, wasn't she too close to him?

"Malfoy?" She brought him back to reality, "Could you move I'm trying to reach the cupboard."

He glanced at her, then the cupboard behind him and instead of moving, he opened it and handed her a glass.