Chapter 17 "I don't want us to be strangers again."

He pulled back, dropping his forehead against hers, their eyes locked.And then he smiled at her, a real smile that warmed her entire body.

"Hey." He whispered.

She let out a small laugh, "Hey."

"You're looking good tonight." He said softly, his eyes never leaving hers.

She blushed, "Thanks."

He broke eye contact then and turned to the black sky, "I won't hate you when I leave this place."

"You don't know that."

"I know nothing Hermione." He sighed, his gaze lost between the stars. "But if I'd like to know something it wouldn't be this."

She frowned, "Why?"

"Because there is nothing to know or to find out."

"Are you being serious right now?" She asked, confused.

He nodded, "You thought that bringing me up here and saying that you have feelings for me would change the fact that I am Draco Malfoy?" He said flatly, his voice harsh and serious.

"Of course not, I know who you are Draco and I-"

"Don't." He stopped her.

"Don't what?"

"Don't finish that sentence."

She stayed still for a second just to look at him and then she stood up, quickly taking some steps back so she could feel more secured.

"You can't do what you did and then saying this bullshit, you just can't."

"I am doing you a favour." He asnwered somehow calmly.

"A favour?" She argued.

"Yes Granger, a favour, I'm ending this before it starts."

She looked at him, shocked by his words.How could someone be so manipulating?Five minutes ago he was kissing her like she was the only thing he wanted and now...this?

"Fuck you Malfoy." She said with disgust and walked away slamming the small door behind her.

And there he was once again, alone.But this time it was his fault he knew.This time someone was willing to stay, not out of petty or fear or anything like that, but because she really wanted to stay with him.And he had pussed her away.He had pussed away the one person that saw meaning in his madness, why?

Because he was afraid.

Afraid of falling.

~~~~

He stayed on the terrace until late at night, watching as the people were leaving the Christmas ball.

He even thought of letting his body fall down on the empty street, it seemed like a good idea but no he wasn't ready yet.

He didn't want to live he knew, but things were different now, he still didn't want to live but he didn't want to hurt her, definitely not.He knew she cared, he could see it in her eyes, he cared for her as well but he was better at hiding his feelings so hopefully she didn't know.

He didn't want her to know, to know that the heartless boy that for some reason she believed he was worth saving had feelings for her, real feelings.

Something that he hadn't felt before, and it was getting stronger day by day, everytime she would look or smile at him, or touched him, or kissed him and it scared him to death.