Chapter 9 "But lovers can't be friends"

The look that Dravo gave her was enough for her to understand that he knew.

He knew what she had seen, how far she had gone.

She was sitting there waiting for his attack and outburst but they never came.

"Are we done here?" He asked, his voice meausered and low.

She nodded. "Yes I wi-will leave."

She dared a glance at his neck but didn't spot any scars.How..?He was bleeding a lot, a lot.

"What are you looking at?" He was angry, of course he was.She had seen the one thing he didn't want her to see and now she was even looking for answers.

"N-nothing." She answered in shock looking at him.

"Get out of the room." He said in almost a whisper.

"Draco I-"

"Don't call me Draco!"

He was breathing hard, Hermione noticed.

"I asked you one thing, ONE thing.No discussions and you agreed." He argued.

"I agreed because I didn't expect to see something like-"

"I don't care what you had expected!You agreed!" He run a hand through his hair. "No get the fuck out of the room, Granger."

He was right, she knew he was.This is the only reason that she walked out without a second glance, without arguing, without fighting back.

She silenlty closed the door and then her eyes, still holding the doorknob.

She breathed deep, over and over again until she felt her breath getting steady.

Then she let go of the doorknob and slowly went to her room, too tired and confused to face the boys at that point.

She would talk to them later, tell them that Malfoy was indeed telling the truth, that he hadn't joined, he hadn't even thought of joining.

She wouldn't tell them about the memory she saw, she was dying to tell them but she wouldn't.Because in the end of the day, it was Draco's memory and she shouldn't have seen it.

She just wanted to tell him that his secret was safe with her, that she wouldn't share it with anyone else, that it was his past not hers and she wouldn't mess around with it.

But even if she did tell him, he wouldn't believe her, not after this.Yeah he didn't want her to promise anything but she had, she had promised to herself that she wouldn't look farther and she had broken her promise.

She felt sorry for the pale boy downstairs.That was the truth.She was sitting on her bed holding her knees tight and replaying the brutal memory in her head.

How did he get through this?She was sure it wasn't just that one time, they were countless, and he had gone through all of them because he wouldn't hurt an other person.An other muggle-born.

Why?

Why had Draco Malfoy prefered to hurt himself rather than the people he hated the most?Maybe he didn't hate them anymore, or maybe he never did.

~~~~

"So we were wrong." Harry said when Hermione finished her story.

"Apparently." She agreed.

"Was that the only thing you saw?" Ron asked.

"Yes." She lied.

"You were in Malfoy's head you could take advantage of it." Ron joked.