Chapter 13 "Can I kiss you?"

He stopped her as they reached the house grabbing her wrist.She turned to glance at him.

"Nothing happened." He said in a slow serious voice, his eyes locked with hers.

She slowly nodded, a bit scared by the way he was looking at her.She couldn't understand why he was acting like that, nothing really happened anyway they just...came a bit closer to each other.Maybe the closest they had ever been but still, nothing happened.

He let go of her wrist and she spared him a last glance before opening the door.

They entered the house, Draco rushed to his room while Hermione spotted Harry in the living room.

"You are late." Harry said as she approached him.

"Late for what?" She asked taking a sit on the big sofa.

"No I mean, you were outside for at least two hours."

"We lost track of time." It was true, she had been so calm and peaceful with his arms around her that she had totally forgotten about the time.

"Why did you lie to me?" He asked suddenly.

She frowned, "What?When-"

"Before, I can tell when you are lying Hermione I've known you for god knows how long.Where were you?"

She sighed, "I..I don't want to tell you." She lowered her head to break eye contact with him.

"What?Why?"

"It's just...it's nothing important but I just don't want to tell you."

"Hermione I am your best friend.How could you share something with Malfoy and not with me?"

He was right.How could she?

"It's different with him."

"Different?" He raised an eyebrow."What do you mean?"

"I can't explain it Harry, just trust me on this okay?" She raised her head to look at him then."There is nothing to worry about but this is between me and Malfoy."

"Between you and Malfoy?"

"Yes."

"This is weird.You know that is weird, don't you?"

"Yes, I know."

There was a moment of silence then.Harry was looking at her from the other side of the room, she seemed lost.She was staring at the floor, moving her fingers nervously and bitting her down lip.

He sighed and neared her, taking a sit on the arm chair next to the sofa she was sitting on.

"Hermione." He said in a low voice and the witch slowly raised her head to face her worried friend."What is going on?"

She met his emerald eyes and knew that she couldn't lie to him, not to him, not to Harry.Even if she wanted to, he was her best friend, her brother.And she wanted to tell him what was going but didn't know where to begin or where to end.She didn't even know if there was something going on.Or maybe she knew but couldn't quite put it in words, not yet at least.

"Hermione?" He repeated making the witch shook her head to get rid off her thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"Is there something that you want to tell me?"

She gave him a warm smile, "Everything is fine Harry, no need to worry."

"I hope he at least treats you well."

She frowned, "Who?"

"Malfoy."

She let out a small laugh, "Yeah, he is a gentleman most of the time."