Mistakes

We were kissing for what felt like hours but was only minutes, at some point Derek had cut the ropes with his claws and i put my hands on the back of his neck, bringing him closer.

We both were now standing up, his hands on my hips and mine on the back of his neck. We fit together like two pieces of a puzzle, we moved in sync like we had done this our entire lives.

Eventually we pulled away for air but stayed in the same position, our foreheads pressed together. I chuckled a little "Derek that was-" i stopped when he pulled away "a mistake"

I was hurt but decided to hide it "right, no of course" i ran a hand through my hair "you know my dad is actually waiting for me at home, i'm supposed to make dinner today so.." i started walking out, not even bothering to finish the sentence

I knew that there was no point in staying, he hadn't even looked at me since he pulled away. 'God, what were you thinking Stiles. It's not like he could ever like someone like you, you're broken, he still doesn't think of you as anything but a weak, hyperactive spaz that he's forced to deal with, idiot. You should have known that the kiss was only in the heat of the moment. He was probably only being nice to you because he felt bad for making you feel like he hated you' i thought to myself on the drive home

The second i got home i saw my dad asleep on the couch, i put a blanket over him and left another note in case he woke up, it was something we did a lot since when i was training we couldn't hear each other and i don't usually bring my phone down with me.

I just told him that i was going to be letting off some steam and that i would probably be down there for a couple hours, i also made sure he knew not to come down since i really wasn't in the mood for talking about everything that just happened.

I went downstairs and started with drills since i felt like i needed to hit something, i did some target practice with my gun since it's the best way to relieve anger. I also cleaned basically every weapon i had, every gun, knife, blade and even my bows and crossbows.

I went on my laptop and looked for cases, i needed to leave for a couple days to clear my head and I'm sure Derek doesn't want to see me right now. I found a vamps nest a few towns over, not too many kills so it seemed like a small enough nest to take on myself, i did some research on it and packed a bag with everything i needed.

When i went upstairs to get a few hours of sleep, i realized that i ended up staying down there for over 5 hours and now it was 3am. 'At least i can get 4 hours of sleep before leaving in the morning'  i laid on my bed, deciding to shower in the morning, i checked my phone one last time and saw a text from my dad "goodnight kid, thanks for the blanket. Hope you feel better in the morning" i smiled and fell asleep after setting my alarm.

I woke up the next morning, took a shower, told my dad that i had a hunt, made sure everything was in the bag and got into my jeep. I pulled out my phone and texted the pack group chat something simple so that they didn't question it "hey guys! An old childhood friend of mine called and wanted to meet up so I'm gonna be gone for a couple days"

I answered a few general questions about when I'd be back and stuff like that before starting the car and driving, i put on some music to drown out my thoughts. It was easier to not think about everything going on in my life when i went on hunts because they became the most important thing i had to focus on.

I had to focus on saving people and killing the monster instead of everything else happening, i become a hunter rather than a civilian and it helps sometimes. When i got there i checked into a motel room, went to talk to the local police where i got a few questions about my age but nothing i couldn't handle. After confirming my suspicions that it was a vamps nest i went back to the motel to eat and get some sleep.