Chapter 26

Deku's Pov...

The fight was over. All Might was at the hospital recovering, and I was wondering about Vilgax. The thought of alien life was never a surprise to me, and once I discovered some of them were hiding among humans I also wasn't too surprised. But for some reason the thought of a previous ultimatrix user never crossed my mind.

I only had one lead on anyone who might've known him though. A man in a lab coat. He disappeared in the 1900's and also appeared in the early 2000's seemingly without aging a day. This was long before quirks existed, so I needed to find him.

Thankfully, I already knew where he'd show up, or more specifically, when. Most data from back then was destroyed, but I found a small bit of footage from an old military base, and a file from the same base.

I went there as Jetray before turning into Clockwork. There was nothing there but ruins, but then I travelled back to 2008. I had arrived to see a military base but nothing more. I entered and anything related to normal went out the window.

There were 1 eyed creatures attacking people. In specific, a man in a grey metal mask with shadow powers, a kid with technokinesis, a pyronite(Heatblast species), a girl in a pink jacket and the man I was looking for. I freeze time in that moment.

"Mister Midoriya. About time." He says, still able to move. Note to self, he has time powers. "Hello sir, I'm here to ask questions about someone named Tennyson, and from what I've seen you know him." I say. 

"Ah yes. That is to be expected from the smartest being in the universe, and possibly multiverse." He says. "Thanks for the compliment. So, what do you know about Tennyson?" I ask.

"Oh, you can call him Ben, and I'll assume what you mean when you say, what do I know, is what do you want to know that I can tell you. He got the omnitrix when he was 10, and met Vilgax the same year. He was able to beat him at that time." He says.

"I keep hearing about the Omnitrix, but in my time, I'm making it as a back up Ultimatrix for Eri so no one can hurt her. What is it?" I ask him.

"Follow me." He says. I then follow him to a temporal portal. Most couldn't see it, but some time as Ultimate Greymatter helped make them more noticeable to me. We're suddenly in an area with pillars raised up, with 3 people on them, and a galvan on them. 

One of them with a device like the Ultimatrix on his wrist. "I can see my design is a bit different." I say. "You're omnitrix is more like the original model, for the omnitrix is an evolving machine." He says.

"Ah, that makes sense. Obviously the galvan is the creator of the omnitrix, but who are those 2?" I ask referring to a girl with orange hair and a boy with black. "Kevin and Gwen. Both are hybrids of aliens, however Anodite DNA is impossible to program into the watch from what Azmuth has said." The man says.

"Let me see." I say, as I turn into Ultimate Greymatter. "Ah, I see you programmed a Temporal field into the Ultimatrix." He says. "Yeah, I wouldn't want to be frozen in time if a Chronosapien or Celestialsapien showed up." I say. I then grab a strand of her hair, and analyze the DNA before removing everything human. Then I add the sample to the watch.

"New form added, Anodite." The Ultimatrix says. "Ben would be glad the Ultimatrix was placed in such competent hands, or should I say wrist." He says.

"So, who's keeping them here?" I ask. "The highbreed." He says.

He says, as we're taken to a moment with a bunch of Highbreed as there called in chairs, most of them were fatter than I thought, with one strong one. I scan one and unlock their DNA. I transform.

(The art for this belongs to derp99999 on Deviant Art

(The art for this belongs to derp99999 on Deviant Art.)

"So, how did Ben die? I know it had something to do with Vilgax." I say.

"Indeed. Ben was fighting Vilgax, when he had made a weapon that would bypass the Ultimatrixes Defence system and cut his arm off, but Ben engaged the defence himself, with the little Anodite DNA in his blood, and the shockwave forced Vilgax to retreat, where he cryo froze himself. As for what the shockwave did, well it caused super powers to slowly show up across the world, which as you know are called quirks." He says.

"That'd explain a lot. Am I ever going to see you after this?" I ask him. "I can't say. It ruins the surprise." He says.

"And what's your name?" I ask him. "Professor Paradox." He replies.

"Well Paradox, it was an honor meeting you. Till we meet again." I say, as I turn into Clockwork and return to my present timeline.

Paradox's Pov...

"Don't worry, you'll find many other interesting characters across the multiverse." I say. I then look down at my watch. "Well, I better get going, Azmuth needs to get home soon." I say, as I take a small walk through time to him in the aftermath of the Highbreed invasion.