Chapter 3- year one

September 1st

I didn't want to go. Sev always told me how first years are the most excited to go to Hogwarts. He told me all about the classes I was going to have, how good at potions I was going be and all those friends I was going to make. I couldn't think of anyone who would want to be friends with me once they found out my family. How could anyone be friends with a daughter of a murderer. I sat in my room staring at my trunk thinking I'll just miss the train at 11 o'clock. I already knew what was going to happen if I went to school. People would find out who my father is, they would stay far away from me and then the teachers would blame everything on me, because I was a cursed child. I had avoided the wizarding world all my life. I tried to be as muggle as I could possibly be. I even went to a muggle school so I wouldn't get my Hogwarts letter, but unfortunately it still came. Sev said I had to go but I wrote back to the school and told them I would not be going. However, when Professor Dumbledore showed up to the house, I couldn't say no anymore. That was the only good thing about going to school. I knew 2 professors already who were both on my side and as much as I didn't want to disappoint Professor Dumbledore, I really didn't want to go.

"Come on. It's time to go. And yes you are going and you're not missing the train." Sev yelled from down stairs. I relentlessly stood up, grabbed my trunk and made my way downstairs. Sev was already at the door with his muggle clothes on, holding onto my coat.
"I'm coming okay, just had to double check I had everything." I lied. Sev gave me a look which said "I know your lying but I don't want to make an argument out of it" face and we both headed out the door to Kings Cross station.

Once we had gotten to the station, Sev showed me where to walk through to get onto platform 9 and 3/4 and then dashed off. The train was gorgeous showing a deep cherry red with a big gold Hogwarts crest at the front. I walked down the platform keeping my head down until I finally found a place to put my trunk. The clock struck 11 o'clock and I hopped on the train, hoping I wasn't making the biggest mistake of my life. I walked through the corridor of the train trying to an empty compartment but everywhere was full. I finally came to one down the back of train which only had a single boy in it. I tapped on the door.

"Hi, I was wondering if I could sit." I mumbled.
"Of course." The boy said. I walk in and sat across from him.
"Is this your first year as well?" The boy asked.
"Yes." I replied. We sat in silence for a few moments watching the country side slide past us.
"I'm Harry by the way." the boy spoke. I glanced at him. Why didn't I realise before.
"Oh cool. Sorry but I forgot I have to meet my friend. Bye." I bolted out of the compartment. How stupid was I. I wanted to cry but I knew people would just think it's because I'm scared or away from my parents. Don't I wish that was the reason. I kept walking trying to find somewhere else to sit, trying to make sure I didn't make any enemies on the first day.

After walking up and down the corridors twice I decided I had to sit before people started wondering why I was doing laps of the train. I came to the next compartment which had 3 boys in it. Two of the boys were brutes who didn't look very smart, but the boy in the middle looked very familiar. I knocked on the door.
"Umm... hi, can I sit in here?" I asked. The blonde hair boy looked me up and down. He had a nerving scowl but otherwise he was kind of attractive.
"What's your name?" He asked.
"Does that matter" I questioned. He gave me another look and smirked.
"Nah, come in. I'm Draco by the way. Draco Malfoy. And this is Crabbe and Golye." He pointed to the two brutes. I smiled at them and I got a smile back. I sat down next to Draco. I had heard all about his family so I knew who he was, but I wasn't going to tell him that.
"First year?" He asked. I gave him a nod and he figured I wasn't into talking. Thank goodness. I sat in the compartment with the 3 boys until the end of the trip. They discussed how they had meet Harry Potter and how much they disliked him already. I didn't listen to much else as I was pretty tired. I must of drifted off into a sleep because Draco woke me up telling me I needed to put my robes on. I gave him another smile and set off alone. Again.