Chapter 19- year two

The attack

Over the next few weeks I was so busy with Quidditch, schoolwork and trying to find out who had opened the chamber of secrets (as well as finding the chamber itself), I barely had any time to head down to the forest and explore my Animagus form more. I had finally found out the type of dragon I was, which was a Hungarian Horntail. It had been so much fun to fly and although I thought flying on a broom was amazing, flying myself in my Animagus form was 10 times better. The power that surged through my body felt incredible and I felt complete in a way. However, I noticed while I was in my Animagus I was always so hungry. I had even fried a few sheep and eaten them, but after I changed back I would head down to the kitchens and eat the bloodiest steak I could find. Draco was very confront on how much meat I was having now as before I was almost a vegetarian. I told him it was nothing to worry about and I had just found a new love for meats after trying a different dish in the kitchens one night. I wanted very much to tell Draco what I was going through but I was scared he would run off and tell someone like a teacher. I really didn't want Sev to know either because he would say I was putting everything at risk and the Ministry would have my head if they ever found out. Unfortunately with everything else going on, getting down to their forest was very hard at the moment. Exams were also approaching quickly and even though I was ready for all of them, I still wanted to do my best. Harry and his friends also seemed very distracted and I knew they were trying to figure out who the heir of Slytherin was to clear Harry's name. I wanted very badly to talk to Harry but I thought it was best not to at the moment as they may have realised I was the true heir.

A few weeks later Gryffindor were versing Hufflepuff in Quidditch. I wasn't really interested in watching the game so I headed up to the library after I finished my breakfast. As I enter the library I spotted Hermione. She came up to me and before she could get a word out I told her I had said nothing to Draco and I wouldn't tell anyone she has made the potion. I asked her why she had just come up to me after all these weeks, which she answered.
"I've just got out of the hospital wing." She exclaimed. "I tried to take the poly juice potion myself but the hair I got was from a cat, not a person. I've been spitting up hair balls for weeks." She gagged. We laughed together.
"I know Harry has a lot on his mind right now," I started, "But has he ever... I don't know... oh sorry." I really wanted to know if Harry was thinking about me and I knew Hermione was my best chance. She gave me a sad smile.
"He's busy with everything, you know, but I sure he'll talk to you soon." Hermione said, trying to make me feel better.
"So what are you doing in the library?" I asked. "Shouldn't you be supporting Gryffindor?" The library was empty expect for Hermione, myself and another older girl from Ravenclaw who was only concerned about looking at her apparence in a small hand mirror. Madam Pince wasn't anywhere to be seen either.
"I am going down now, I just had to get this because I think it's answered half out questions we've been having." She said this as though she was talking to Harry or Ron. I smiled then noticed something I would never of thought of seeing.
"Hermione, did you rip a page out of a book?" I said aghast.
"No, of course not! No, I would never, I found it like this. Someone else had ripped it out a put it on the table where I was reading. It wasn't part of any book I found around there but from somewhere completely different." She protested. I was just about to say how much a strange thing that was and if she had honestly ripped it out I wouldn't say anything but just as the words left my tongue, I heard the sound I was most dreading to hear.
"Kill." It hissed. Hermione turned around confused. I stood rooted to spot.
"What was that noise?" Hermione asked.
"Hide. NOW!" I said. We both ran towards where the Ravenclaw girl was sitting and dragged her down behind a bookshelf. She made to protest but she understood quickly what was going on. Hermione snatched something from the table which I realised to be the hand mirror the Ravenclaw girl was using. She stuck it out of the bookshelf and her and the girl looked into it.
"NO!" I cried, but I was too late. Before I knew it, Hermione and the Ravenclaw girl were both frozen, petrified. I could hear the serpent hissing, coming closer and closer ready and wanting to devour the meal before it. I shut my eyes tight and walked out from behind the bookshelf. I used my hearing to my advantage and then just as I could hear the serpent ready to take a dive at me, I spoke.
"Leave."
"No, I will feast."
"Not here. I am your master, and I say leave. Now!"
I was holding myself not to lose courage, my head was rapidly thinking of what would happen if the serpent didn't leave and refused me. Could I change in my dragon form and fight it from there, or would someone walk in and see me. Thankfully the snake could sniff my blood and realised it could not disobey me. I heard it slither back and after waiting a few seconds I opened my eyes. It was gone. I raced over to Hermione to see she was frozen. I knew what I had to do. I bolted out of the library and up the staircase to the seventh floor flinging myself as fast as my legs could possibly carry me. As I reached the stone gargoyle I shouted the password and it leapt aside. I jumped onto the stairs the elevated me to the door and knocked 3 times then burst in. Dumbledore was sitting at his desk reading what seemed to be letters of some sort.
"The creature... it's struck again... library." I panted. I was so out of breath from my journey up here but luckily Professor Dumbledore didn't need much more information. He raced so elegantly yet fast from behind his chair.
"Show me." He spoke.
We raced back down to the library and found Hermione and the Ravenclaw girl still frozen in the same position as before. Madam Pince finally showed and gasped so loudly when she saw the petrified girls.
"Madam Pince," Dumbledore spoke calmly. "Could you please tell Madam Pompfrey to come to the library at once, and informed Professor McGonagall what has occurred here. Please do this as quickly as possible." Madam Pince nodded and ran from the room making quite the racket.
"Nyx, I must ask you to wait in my office while I deal with this." I nodded and followed Madam Pince out as well. My inside were cold and felt murky. The serpent, the Basilisk, had responded to its master. It had responded to the heir of Slytherin. It has responded to me.