Chapter 11- year two

Diagon Alley

The holidays were marvellous! Draco and I convinced his parents and Sev to go to Greece for 2 whole weeks. We island hopped the entire time and spent everyday swimming in the water. By the end of the first week, my tan was so dark and golden, Draco didn't recognise me when we were at the grocery store. Draco's dad rented (actually stole) a boat from a fisherman and took us around this island for a day. It the most fun I had ever have so when the 2 weeks were about to finish up, I didn't want to go home. Draco and I then convinced his mum to stay with us for another 2 weeks but she didn't agree, she said we would go to France! We spent a week in Paris, climbing the Eiffel Tower, going to all Wizarding shops as well as some muggle attractions. Sev was so proud of himself he got us to met Nicolas Flamel, he said he was the master of introductions. Both Draco and I laughed at this but Sev was happy with himself so we couldn't disagree. Once we got back to England, Draco and I spent the rest of the holidays going back and forth to each others house for sleepovers or just to spend the day. Lucius got us tickets to see a professional Quidditch match which after we spent the entire time practicing, hoping we would make the team when we got back to school. The end of August came up too fast that Draco's parents had planned a day to go into Diagon Alley to get all our books for the start of school. I had been to Diagon Alley a few times before when I was younger but I refused to go last year as I knew all the Hogwarts students would be there. I didn't want to go this year either but Draco was making me.

I stayed the night at Draco's, from there we would go in with his parents to get all our supplies. Sev had given me enough gold for all my books and a little extra if I wanted to get something to eat. We floo traveled in and my gosh it was busy. The only other times I had come was during the school year or just when it had finished and there were never that many kids around. Now it was like all of Hogwarts had come on the same day to buy everything they needed, typical we choose the busiest day to come, I thought to my self. We went through all the shops, collecting everything we needed for potions, buying new robes and getting our telescopes for astronomy. Finally we had made it to Flourish and Blotts to buy the new books we needed. It was packed in the store we could hardly move to the front so Draco's mum went in first and quickly got everything we needed and told us to have a look around upstairs for anything else we might want. Draco stopped on the staircase to examine a book which he seemed quite interested in, so I headed further up the stairs and sought through the books. There were fascinating ones on different types of potions, dragons and all sorts of other mystical creatures I had never heard of. I finally reached a book on Animagus' and what they were all about and how to transform into them. I was fully indulged in the book, I hadn't realised what was going on downstairs. I peered up from the book to see what all the shouting was about and saw Lucius in a fight with some red haired man. They were just getting up off the floor when I arrived at the bottom of the stairs, still holding the Animagus book in my hands. The red haired man who I later realised was Ron's dad was standing in front of six kids. I saw four red haired kids, Hermione who I gave a small smile to which wasn't returned, and Harry. He had grown a little over the holidays and was covered dirt from head to toe. I wanted to give him a hug but in front of everyone it just would of seemed strange and especially after we had said we were no longer going to be friends last year. We stared at each other for what seemed forever but when Lucius told Draco and I we were leaving, Draco grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the shop.
"Filthy Bloodtraitors!" Lucius muttered. Draco had a dark expression on his face which I knew meant we were about to receive an awful lesson from his dad. "That family are a disgrace to the wizarding community, especially with their bloodline. You would think they were Mudbloods they way they behaved." He snarled. I knew what mudblood meant and I wasn't a fan of the term, even I wasn't a pure blood, my dad was half blood and he thought all muggleborns should be destroyed. Once we had met back up with Draco's mum, Lucius told her about what had happened and she agreed with her husband, and it was only then I realised I still had the Animagus book still in my hand. I had just stolen a book! I was going to turn around to put it back but Draco's parents said we were leaving. I still wanted to keep the book as I was vastly interested in it but I didn't want to get caught being the bad guy, unfortunately my curiosity got the best of me and I ended up keeping it. Once we got back to Malfoy manor, I got all my supplies in order and told Draco I had to get home because Sev had said I needed to be back before it was dark. It wasn't true but I didn't really want to spend dinner with Mr. Malfoy badmouthing other wizards as it reminded too much of my father. Draco understood, and I felt bad for him because I knew he didn't want it listen to it either. I was going to suggest that he come back to my place but we both knew it wasn't going to be an option. I said my goodbyes to his mum and dad then told him I would see him in a few days on the train. I walked out of the drawing room leaving the Malfoy family behind and headed to the fireplace when I spotted a house elf which had just appeared out of the blue. He had large floppy ears and bright green eyes and I knew instantly who he was.
"Dobby?" I asked. The elf went into pure shock and ran straight out. I was thinking of chasing after him until I hear Lucius about to come out of the drawing room. I dashed off, quickly grabbing my floo powder and starting spinning endlessly.