Chapter 15- year two

Quidditch

The past few days had be agony. Everywhere I went everyone was discussing the Chamber of Secrets and how it had been opened. Hermione had asked Professor McGonagall about it during transfiguration and had basically scared all the students out of their wits about it. The only person who didn't care at all about the chamber being open was Draco. He knew, after he heard it was Slytherin's chamber and he left it for his heir, he had no chance of being attacked because he was a pure blood, which left him a lot more time to worry about the upcoming Quidditch game against Gryfinndor. He was training every chance he could get and trying to make me train with him, but after trying to increase my transfigurations abilities, it was hard to find the time. A full month had pasted and I had finally taken the mandrake leaf out of my mouth. I then asked Cosmos to find me a small crystal phial that receives pure rays of moon light, which he did so easily I was almost jealous of the little elf's finding abilities. After I put my leaf inside the phial and added one of my hairs, I added a sliver teaspoon of dew that had't been touched which I found two weeks ago and made sure no one or no sunlight would ever touch it. I then added Death's head Hawk Moth to the phial which was hard to find but after walking in the forbidden forest for a while, I finally found some. Then I put the mixture in a quiet dark place until an electrical storm appeared, and had started the incantations every morning and night. I hadn't felt a second heartbeat yet which I was quite annoyed at because I thought I may of done something wrong, but I kept telling myself to keep going and to see it all the way to the end. I had been spending most of my time out of class in the forbidden forest as it was the easiest place to teach my self magic and conduct the potion I was making. At first I was scared of the forest and thought it wanted to eat me, but after realising that I was just as scary to some of the creatures in the forest as they all knew my name, I loosened up and was ready for a challenge if one approached me, which their always were. I encountered huge spiders, which I later realised were Acromantulas, but after finding a spell which drove them away, they were no problem to deal with. I also encountered the Thestrals Hagrid trained to pull the carriages. I had read people who had seen death could see them, and I only remember seeing my mother die but when I was only one year old, so I was confused to why I was able to see them. I had no problems with them though, as I just brought some fresh meat for them to eat, they started to warm up to me a bit more. I hadn't run into any centaurs yet which I grateful for but always felt them watching me when I performed my magic.

Today was the big day. Slytherin verses Gryfinndor, and my gosh how much I couldn't be bothered to play. Draco was super hyped up as was the rest of the team but I couldn't seem to get with the energy. I was trying so hard to focus on the game, I kept going over what I needed to do during the game and how to play, but my mind would travel back to the chamber or back to my potion which I hoped was working. After we had all finished breakfast, we headed down to the changing rooms to put our robes on and get a rousing peep talk from Flint. Except it wasn't rousing at all, it was the worst speech I had ever heard.
"Lets go out and break some necks!" He shouted. The rest of the team seemed to get behind him but I just thought he was a complete loser. We headed out onto the pitch were the crowds had filled to capacity, got on our brooms and moved into our ready positions. Flint, a boy named Adrian Pucey and I were the Chaser for the team. We had worked out some good moves and I didn't mind Adrian but he would only ever do what Flint told him to do and would never think for himself. Miles Bletchley was the team keeper and I was praying he would be able to stop some goals but he was nothing compared to Gryfinndors keeper, Oliver Wood. Harry and Draco were seekers and I knew who would catch the snitch first so I was determined to get as many goals as I could. Madam Hooch released the snitch and the bludgers then threw the quaffle in the air, and before I could think, I zoomed towards the ball, caught it under my arm and sped off towards the Gryfinndor goal. I was about 50 meters away from it when I threw the quaffle with all my might and it sailed through the highest hoop. I had just scored the first goal. My team was going crazy and came to high give me, and I finally forgot all my troubles and started to play.

The game had gone on for a while now, and I was having the most fun I had had in my entire life. I had scored half of Slytherins goal that we were now up 160-20. I was hoping Draco would have caught the snitch by now but I knew Harry was giving him a run for his money, I just prayed I could score one more goal before he did so we would win. I caught sight of Harry who was flying like a crazy person and I realised why. One of the bludgers was tailing him, and I mean really tailing him like it wanted to kill him. I couldn't make sure he was okay because I saw Johnson from Gryfinndor make her way to the goals. I put all my speed on my broom trying to catch her by she was too far away. I leaned harder on my broom then looked to my left to see Flint coming in on her side. We had her. Flint bumped her hard and she dropped the ball, I flew down caught the ball just before it hit the ground, swerved upwards and almost flew straight into Harry. I dived with my broom but Harry lost control, hit the back of my broom and I span to the ground. Luckily I wasn't far off so the fall wasn't too hard when I landed but I definitely felt something crack. I looked back to Harry who was had the snitch in his hand and a bludger about to crush him.
"Watch out!" I yelled at him. He looked up and dodged the ball three times then Hermione came out of nowhere and made the ball explode. She had run on to the field along with everyone else behind her. I gave Harry a smile but could see he had broken his wrist. Professor Lockhart was now leaning over him with his wand out, I knew this wouldn't turn out good. I tried to sit up but I realised I had broken a rib, or maybe two, and I was struggling to breathe because it hurt so much. I laid back down trying to ease the pain but it didn't come. Flint and Pusey lifted me up and told me I needed to go to the hospital wing. They dragged me all the way up and dumped me on a bed, next to Draco who was moaning over a sore wrist. Next, Harry was escorted into the hospital wing by basically the entire Gryfinndor team plus more, with his arm wriggling around as though it had no bones in it. I then realised it didn't have any bones in it! Madam Pompey gave me something to drink and said an incantation which cracked my ribs back into place, it hurt like hell.