Chapter 17- year two

Transformation

After the Duelling club, the rumours went crazy, and although I didn't tell Harry I was a the real heir of Slytherin, I still felt bad for making everyone think he was. When the next attack happened, Harry was accused again of being involved and I felt I should of said something but I thought he would be able to manage without me. It was almost Christmas and Draco had told me he was staying at Hogwarts which I thought was a bit strange but was glad to be with him over the holidays. Everyone was going to be heading home tomorrow morning on the train and as I headed down to the common room that's when I heard it. A crack of lighting shock the sky. An electric storm. I ran, straight up the stairs, through the front door, down past Hagrid's hut and all the way to the spot I had hidden my potion. Lighting and thunder boomed over my head and I knew I was ready. I had done the incantation every dawn and dusk, studying and practicing transfiguration whenever possible. When I reached my potion, I dug it out of the hiding spot I had put it and to my relief it was blood red. I headed further into the forest where I knew there was a clearing just ahead when I could transform in peaceful and not hurt anyone. I decided to take my robes off just in case I shredded them in the process, but left my underwear on so I didn't feel too uncomfortable. I placed my wand tip on my heart and said  'Amato Animo Animato Animagus' then skulled the potion.

The pain was fierce, like I was having a lava bath and my chest was jumping out of my chest as I felt two heart beats going on at once. Show no fear, I remembered. I placed my wand where I hid my potion, making sure it was safe and then my mind took over and I saw my other half. I saw black scales which looked like a lizard, with bronze horns and huge spikes. My eyes turned yellow, and I saw with vertical pupils then I almost lost my breath. Long black wings sprouted from my side. The pain was so intense I thought I might pass out, but I knew I needed to hold on for a just a little while longer. Finally after holding my tongue from the screams of pain, I relaxed. I looked down at myself. I couldn't believe I had done it. I had transform into my animagus almost perfectly, but what scared me most was what I had transformed into. I didn't know exactly what I was but I had a pretty good idea. A dragon. How was this possible. I wiggled my feet and saw my huge crawls which were viscous sharp then I spread my wings. I knew what I wanted to do but I felt it was be impossible. I flapped my wings a sprang up. I flapped again but fell straight to the ground. As I hit the ground I didn't feel much pain, I realised I had a thick armour over my skin. I felt more aggressive and vicious in my animagus form but I tried to focused on flying. After a few tries later and I was in the air. It was incredible. I flew over the trees and high into the sky, over the castle as it twinkled in the night sky. I flew further north, getting out of sight of the castle, going low over rivers and high over the clouds. When I was over the clouds, watching the stars I realised I hadn't tried something else. I inhaled and felt a hot tingle in the back of my throat. I exhaled. Fire, which I knew could burn through anything, came straight from my mouth and shot out fifty meters in front of me. I was having the time of my life, but as I glided over the clouds, I saw the sun rising and knew it was time to get back before anyone noticed I had been gone all night. I flew back down under the clouds and finally caught sight of the huge castle in the distance. I landed back in the forest where I had started and focused on my human self. At first it wasn't working but I knew not to worry as it could take me a while to get use to it. I concentrated hard and transformed back into my normal self. Unfortunately my underwear was no wear to be seen on me so I quickly ran to get my wand then went through the forest and got my clothes I had left behind. I threw my clothes on as quickly as possible then ran through the forest. I was still pumping with adrenaline after what had just happened. I was an animagus. I had completed it and only in my second year, which I thought was stupid but knew I had to get Sev and Cosmos big Christmas presents after all there help. I also thought I should get one for Hermione, although I didn't want her to think it was strange I was getting her a gift when we weren't very close but I decided I had to after all the help she gave me on transfiguration.

I trudged back up towards the castle just as everyone was heading down to the train, so I disappeared in the crowd to go through the front door, into the great hall to have some breakfast. I was starving. I didn't realise that being a dragon would mean being a lot more hungry all the time and wanting to eat fresh juicy meats sometimes. I sat next to Draco and dived into the bacon and sausages which I would of usually avoided. Draco had obviously sensed something was wrong when I had ate more food than both Crabbe and Golye combined.
"Are you okay?" He asked as I finished my third bowl of cereal. I nodded with a mouthful but Draco still looked quite concern. "I was thinking we could go practice some Quidditch after breakfast? What do you say?".
"Can't." I said. "Gotta go library."
"What about this afternoon then?" He persisted. I could see I wasn't going to get out of it.
"Sure. But make sure you come prepared because I'm not holding back." I told him. We laughed together until I went to grab an apple and when I turned back to Draco he had a scowl all over his face.
"Your not welcomed here, Mud-" He faltered. I looked up to see Hermione standing across from us. I smiled at her.
"Nyx, I was wondering if I could get your help on some potions homework." She asked.
"About the assignment?" I wondered, knowing Hermione was more than capable to do what Sev had set us last class. 
"No, it's on something else, a bit more advanced." I realised she meant something not for school and probably something for Harry and Ron to help them with whatever they were planning. I was curious into what she wanted help with and after her helping me with transfiguration, I had to return the favour.
"Of course. I'm going up to the library now anyway, wanna come?" I asked.
"Yep!" She said. As I went to get up Draco held me back.
"We just need a minute." Draco scowled at Hermione. She nodded with a glare in her eyes and headed off towards the doors.
"Why are you helping her!" Draco demanded. I rolled my eyes.
"Draco, get over yourself. Just because she's muggle born and better than you at almost everything doesn't mean you have to be such a git. If you actually tried, I reckon you would be great friends with her. Maybe it's time you took your father out of your head and started thinking for yourself!" I finished. Draco knew not to argue back when my rage was at boiling point so he just turned away from me. "I'll see you at the pitch later, okay." I said, then walked off towards the doors to catch up with Hermione.