Chapter 16- year two

Duelling Club

Staying the in the hospital wing was not my idea of a place to stay, especially because I was directly opposite Harry. When Madam Pomfrey told us it was lights out, Harry and I gave each other a smile and tried to sleep. The pain however didn't help but I felt that Madam Pomfrey had given us something in our dinner to help us sleep. When I woke up, I thought it was morning. I could hear two people arguing, one who I knew to be Harry and the other sounded like a small child, no, a house elf. I moved myself so I could see who which house elf he was talking to and realised I knew who it was. Dobby. He was telling Harry that he must leave the school at once and go home because it was no longer safe for him at Hogwarts, and he had set the rouge bludger on Harry and something else about closing the gateway. I was so confused but I didn't want to scare Dobby off, which I knew he would do as soon as he thought I was awake. I tried to pretend I was sleep as best I could, but suddenly, a huge bang came from the door outside and I sprang up. I looked at Dobby, then to Harry then to the door. When I looked back and the two there was only one, Harry sitting by himself. We realised people were about to come in so we hit our pillows as fast as we could. Dumbledore, McGonagall and Madam Pomfrey were discussing a boy who had been petrified, a first year who was in Gryfinndor. The creature in the chamber had struck again, this time on a student. My heart was pounding, I knew my father was behind this but I had no idea how or why this was possible. I lay as still as I could, draining all the information in and realised Harry would be listening in as well, thinking of something heroic to do I guessed, but I had no time to think about him, I needed to find out who was opening the chamber and stop them before my name got plastered everywhere for killing muggle borns.

The next few days were mayhem. The word got out about the boy, Colin Creevy I found out, who was petrified just like Mrs. Norris. There was talk of the school shutting down which I wasn't against as I thought once everyone had left, I could investigate the castle and find the chamber and try and control the creature that lurked down there, but unfortunately, the teachers had other ideas. Professor Lockhart was going to have a Duelling Club so we could all learn how to defend ourselves if need be, and what a waste of time I thought this was going to be. I wasn't going to go because I saw no interest in how this would help against the creature down in the chamber but Draco dragged me along because he said we had to watch. When we first got there, Professor Lockhart made sure everyone could see and hear him (not that anyone wanted to) and then invited Sev up to the stage. Oh yes, I thought, Lockhart can get a beating and I can cheer on Sev, win win. It wasn't even a duel though because Sev did one spell and Lockhart was blown right of his feet, covering up his stupidity saying he was meant to do that. Then the genius decided to get two students up to fight one another, oh how this would work out well. Harry, of course, got chosen with Ron but Sev said Ron couldn't participate because of his broken wand so he made Draco get up instead. I decided I didn't want to watch Harry and Draco be at each others throats again so I walked off, hearing them call spell after spell on each other, but as I reached the door to leave, Harry said something I couldn't believe I was hearing.
"Leave him." Harry shouted. I turned to see what had happened. Draco had cast Serpensortia and delivered a beautiful long black snake which had turned into a black garden hose.
"What do you think you're playing at?" Some Hufflepuff who was about to get attacked by the snake shouted. He stormed out straight pasted me and I realised Harry had no idea what was going on. I went out the doors and soon after Harry came out being hurried along by Ron and Hermione. I grabbed him and dragged him in the opposite direction. Ron didn't looked pleased but Hermione understood what I was doing and thankful held him back. I pulled Harry around the corner and into a free classroom, making sure we could be heard.
"You're a Parselmouth" I said to Harry.
"I'm a what?" said Harry.
"A Parselmouth, you can speak to snakes." I told him.
"I know." He said confidently. "I mean, that's only the second time I've ever done it. I accidentally set a boa constrictor on my cousin Dudley at the zoo once- long story- but-" I interrupted him.
"You know it doesn't sound the same as English right? You can hear we're talking in a different language." I asked.
"A different language?" He questioned. "But how can I speak a language without knowing I can speak it?" He concentrated. I knew what was about to happen to him the way the Hufflepuff kid acted but I didn't know how to help. "Hang on a second, we've been talking in Parselmouth this entire time, haven't we?" I nodded. Harry look terrified. I could see him realising what had just happened and his head going crazy with thoughts. "Wait that means you're a Parselmouth as well?"
"Yes, well, obviously, have you met my father." I said sarcastically, realising I shouldn't of said that. "Look the point is, you can't use go around speaking it in public because people think you're crazy. They'll think..." I stopped.
"They'll think what?" Harry pushed.
"They'll think you're the heir of Slytherin." I said, knowing I shouldn't drag Harry across the dirt, but he would always be the hero, and I was no hero. He couldn't believe what he was hearing and I understood why. Speaking with snakes was a wonderful gifted sometimes, but it was mostly a curse. "You'll be okay." I told him. He nodded and I ushered him out of the classroom towards Ron and Hermione who were waiting for him. When I reached them, Ron gave me a disgusted glare and Hermione a sad smile. I returned the sad smile to her and turned to Harry.
"Harry, please don't tell anyone else I'm a Parselmouth. I know you will want to feel equal but we aren't equal. You're the hero and everything will properly turn out just fine for you, but I'm the villain, Harry. People won't understand." I said.
"Nyx, you're not a villain because your father was one, you could be a hero if you wanted to be, and I don't want to be the hero, I just want to be Harry." He said, finishing our conversation in Parselmouth. He turned to walk off, with Hermione and Ron following him waiting to hear the entire story.