20

The air smelled cold as the chilly touch of the wind gave me light kisses upon my cheeks. Opening my eyes, I was once again meet with the hills of snow and a beautiful bright moon shining in the midnight sky. I felt kinda different as I notice I was not cold at all. Looking down, I was dress in a warm like fur uniform. It felt light, lighter than fur should be.

"I see you're up." I twisted my upper body to see Lunette's mother, Luna or some will call Selene. Standing up, I nod respectfully. "No need child, we have plenty to discuss."

I nod as I then thought of Lunette and the situation I'm currently in. "You need to help us, your son, he's... he's mad. He's... he's hurting and he's taking it out on humans. Can't you stop him?"

"Luan has slaughter humans and you give him the excuse of being in pain?" she spoke without emotion.

"That's not what I'm saying! He's... he's been treated unfairly and been hurt by us humans. Who knows what happen to him!" I explained as I felt unbalanced with emotions. Of course I'm angry but it's not fair how he was drove into this state. Humans are to blame for what he has become because maybe he would've turn out different. "He doesn't deserve to live but he doesn't deserve to die either."

I notice her eyes widen just a bit, maybe in shock of what I said. "Elizabeth, you're the human spirit, the reincarnation of Hecate. Your kind heart can not save your race but your abilities will. When the time comes, you must take action and not hesitate."

~~~

I was being shake and shushed, opening my eyes, Luke was in my face covering his mouth with a single finger telling me to be quiet. Steadying my breathing, I could now hear it. The echoing of howls and talking was coming out of the hidden spot of the springs. 

Looking back at Luke, I raised my eyebrow on what we should do which he simply hung his face at. Rolling my eyes, I stood only for us to hear louder noise coming from behind the thick vines as if someone was fighting. Grunting and loud thuds could be heard as me and Luke looked at each other confusingly. Slowly, we made our way to the exit and try to go through the vines quietly but before we knew it, a hand reached out grabbing Luke by his throat.

Quickly, he was pulled out of the rain of vines as I follow trying to get ahold of him. "Luke!?"

Once we were open, I stopped in my tracks as tears begin to slowly roll down my cheeks. "Lu-Lunette?"

Quickly before I could even mumble her name, she turns around as her eyes widen. Something was different about her, although her lips didn't smile, I could tell she was beyond happy to see me. Her eyes had a glint in it that I never seen before, as if she could feel.

"Mrs. Elizabeth?" she drops Luke, and as fast as lighting she was hugging me. My eyes widen in shock feeling her arms wrapped around me. This is the first hug she's given me and it made me feel secure and safe. Not another thought came through as I sunk into her unbelievable warmth. "My apologies, I took too long."

I hugged her even more tighter as tears flowed out down my face. She pulls back and looks me in the eyes as I widen my eyes in shock to see her lip curved a little as if she was trying to smile. She wipes my tears with a handkerchief that she pulled out of her pocket. That's when I notice she was dress in a different outfit , she was in a robe like her mother's but with a little more baggy look. Hers was black with baby blue trimming and now that I noticed her look, she also now carried a sword by her side. The handle was as white as snow with baby blue trimming and a misty white diamond right underneath the blade.

"Lady Lunette, we should go before he sends reinforcements. They are at risk if a fight broke out here." a man I didn't notice before spoke as Lunette nods making her face turn serious.

Turning away from me, she goes back to Luke who was still catching his breath from the first attack. "Who are you?"

He looks up frighten as he holds his neck scared to be attack again. "I.. I.."

"He's with me Lunette, he helped me escaped Luan. He's on our side." I spoke up as Luke gives me a look thanking me.

Lunette didn't bother to glance at me but kept her eyes on Luke. "My apologies, can you walk?"

He hesitatingly nods slowly getting up with the help of his hands. Removing them from his neck, you can visible see the bruising Lunette left on him. Is Lunette really this strong?

Walking towards me, she bends down showing her back to me. "Hop on Ms. Elizabeth, once you do close your eyes."

"Why?" I ask hesitating wrapping my arms around her neck as my legs followed wrapping around her torso.

"Your body wouldn't be able to handle the speed if you do not do as you're told my lady." Lunette's friend spoke leaving me blushing a bit. Why did he call me his lady?

"It's time to go." Lunette states standing up with me on tow. Underneath her clothing and mine, I can feel her muscle; her biceps that pressed in the back of my legs to hold me and her abs that my legs are clinging onto.

She faces towards Luke and looked him up and down before looking at her friend. "He won't be able to stay caught up."

Her friend gave him the same examination before nodding. "I'll carry him."

Luke hisses before laying his ears down upon his head. "That's so gay, no way."

"Get over it or we'll leave you to deal with my brother. I do not have time for no kitten to delay my time." Lunette growls making him hand his tail in defeat between his legs.

Her friend drops onto one knee for Luke to climb onto his back in the same position I'm in. "Although as a chimera, I would too close your eyes. I'm a lot faster than you."

"Close your eyes Ms. Elizabeth." I nod closing my eyes as I sunk my head into her neck. I immediately could feel her strong pulse and as if she was cloaking me with her aura, I felt as if I was being covered by a blanket of fur. I missed her so much that I couldn't help but take in a small dose of her scent. It made me feel as if butterflies were in my stomach but this time as I took in her smell, I wanted nothing more than to have her here and now. She smelt like sandalwood mixed with a very cold and snowy night that had my hormones buzzing all over. It made me feel warm and secure as I began to feel my cheeks heat up as my lower part did as well. Why is her smell triggering me so badly all of a sudden?

Hearing Lunette softly growl made me want to open my eyes but before I could she beat me to it. "Don't open your eyes Ms. Elizabeth."

Her voice was husky as if she was trying to control herself from something. Keeping my eyes close, I buried me head further into her neck; It made me feel better and safe but as well as aroused. Neither the less, I wanted to stay here. I tighten my hold on her, as she responded the same way tightening her hold on my legs. Please be mine, Lunette.

~~~
🤭🤭🤭
Guys! GUYS!!! This was so unexpected but I really hope ya enjoy this chapter, trying to manage my time better with my graveyard shift. Ik ya most hate me, I do sincerely apologize🥺. Life just keeps attacking me in every angle but I do hope you guys are staying safe.

Sincerely,
The author🤍