2

"Thank you Fred." Lunette thanks the driver as she opens the door for me to step out.

After stepping out, Lunette shuts it behind me and leads me inside the building. As usually, everyone waves and greets me polity, ignoring Lunette. Since she's a chimera she looks down upon and within a human school she is nothing but an outcast but it doesn't bother her; nothing ever does.

Stopping at our locker, Amanda was already there scrolling through her phone.

"Lizzy!" she squeals giving me a tight hug. Lunette ignores her and opens our locker putting my bookbag inside as she only took out the necessities out for our class.

"Hi Manda!" I said giving her a hug back. She immediately smiles and glances at Lunette then back at me. I shook my head confirming my answer.

She frowns and sighs at me. "You my girl is such a love sick puppy, most likely she'll just agreed with whatever you say like she always does."

I hit her arm and glares at her. "Don't say that like she's my slave."

"Ms. Elizabeth, its about time for class." Lunette interrupts us as she was holding our work for first period.

I nod to her and face Amanda. "I'll talk to you later."

"Uh huh, there's better be progress if so." she said skipping off to class herself.

I roll my eyes and response as I began to lead the way to first period. Once we arrived, everyone gave Lunette a disgusted look as we walked past to take our seats. Lunette ignores them and stood behind me setting my things on my desk. I look up and smiled towards her as she gave me a nod.

"Why do you bring that dumb animal wherever you go Elizabeth? The dog shouldn't even be on our campus!" James, one of the school football players and old friend of mine whispers to me.

It hurts to hear him say that about Lunette. I raised my eyebrow and sign. "They should say the same for you James and I wouldn't dare question me or my butler again or my father will take it up with your parents. Be lucky I didn't tell them about my party."

He scoffs and sits back into his seat giving me a death glare as he mumbles something. Lunette then moves towards him and bows down to his level keeping her tail position up. "Excuse me but if I hear you calling Ms. Elizabeth such profanity again, I'll have to take it up with Mr. Burford as he doesn't like such rudeness towards his daughter. I'll like to inform you that I'm also a wolf not a dog dear James."

The class all begins to laugh loudly as Lunette begins making my way behind my seat again but quickly turning around catching a punch coming from James. He gasp loudly surprised at the block and snatched his fist back angrily.

"Back into your seat James and leave Elizabeth's butler alone." Mrs. Powell yells at James as he angrily takes his seat mumbling something.

Lunette takes her position behind me and bend down to whisper in my ear. "My apologies that you had to witness that Ms. Elizabeth. I'll be sure it doesn't happen again."

I blush a bit as she stood up straight while class begin to start. Knowing Lunette will stay focus and remember everything, I begin to day dream mindlessly as usual. Lunette usually has to repeat half the stuff that was taught during the day to me after school in our library at home while doing homework since I'm usually daydreaming during class. I like our private lessons tho as she had quite a beautiful husky but soothing voice.

I began to think what it'll be like if Lunette actually did show emotion and her feelings. Would she actually like me? I wasn't really great while we were kids so I'm sure she'll hate me.

~~~

"Stop following me! I don't wanna play with you here." I said crossing my arms as I sat in the garden playing with my toys.

"My apologies Ms. Elizabeth but I must stay in order to watch you." Lunette says polity as she stood about six feet from me with her hands behind her back. "I'll step further back if you would like."

Getting up, I stomp towards her and angrily push her. "I want you where I don't have to see you!"

Lunette whinces loudly in pain once her body hit the dirt. Laying her ears flat on her scalp, I saw her eyes water but no tears escape. She stands up with her tail between her legs and gets back into her standing position. "I apologize for upsetting you Ms. Elizabeth, I'll stand back as far as I can while being able to see you still."

Turning around she walked back towards the entrance of our mansion and stopped by the door turning back around to watch me. Her emotionless face still there but hanging low.

~~~

Feeling a touch on my shoulder, I jumped a bit as Lunette gave me a raised eyebrow. Starting to blush, I looked down into my lap.

"My apologies for startling you Ms. Elizabeth but you have written no notes down. Is everything alright?" she whispers into my ear causing a shiver to go down my spin.

Clearing my throat softly, I nod. "I'm fine Lunette, thank you."

After hearing my confirmation of being alright, she stood up straight. Looking at my notebook than at the clock on the wall, I softly sigh knowing Lunette will be the reason I fail.

The bell rings loudly as Lunette immediately, before I could, clean off my desk and handle my notebooks. Following behind me, I stop feeling someone watching me and turn my head to see James smirking at me. Ignoring it I began to walk to my next class.

"Ms. Elizabeth?" Lunette asks me keeping her head straight to watch where we're going.

"Yes Lunette?" I question her as I look towards her to see the red part in her left eye glowing. Widening my eyes a bit surprised as I have never seen it done that. Lunette eyes are a bright ocean blue but half of her left eye is red which is something I find quite unique about her. I have never seen any furry have such eyes.

It quickly vanish before she spoke. "I don't like the way James had looked at you. Would you like me to inform your father about his behavior?"

I blush a bit seeing that she was concern for me. Yes she's always been protective over me because its her job but she usually ignores such looks and actions. This time it was, different, I think.

"No Lunette, thank you for your concern but I'm sure James will do nothing." I said.

Her ears calmly laid against her scalp as she closed her eyes as if she was calming down or something. She opens them and gives me a nod. "Yes ma'am."

That was weird, Lunette always keeps her composure and literally let nothing get to her. I'll ask father, he knows more about chimeras than I do.