9

"You look fine Mandy!" I told her one last time as I was fixing my skirt.

Groaning she continue to look into the mirror fixing whatever that she thought was wrong with her makeup. "I know just fixing up a bit."

"Uh huh." I said putting on some lip gloss. I was wearing a white blouse with a black skirt that stopped right above my knees. I wasn't much of a heels girl but I decided to wear short blacks one that wrapped around my ankle. "I'm gonna go ask Lunette about the date."

Ignoring the mhm she sent me, I left my room closing my bedroom door behind me. Not knowing where I would find her, I made my way down into the kitchen expecting to find her there. Seeing Chef Ty in there cooking on the stove, I made my way to him. "Chef Ty?"

Like a cat, he jumped from the sudden approach making his tail and ears stand straight. Realizing it was me, he calmed down. "Ms. Elizabeth? You scared me, is there anything you need?"

"I'm fine, Chef Ty, just looking for Lunette. Do you know where she could be?" I ask him smiling as his tail and ears began to ease up. Personally, I couldn't think of a reason why people could see chimeras as disgusting creatures, as animals that are meant to serve instead of helping us make the world a better place. I couldn't help but think that they're adorable and more kinder than humans themselves.

"I'm not sure Ms. Elizabeth, she's a quiet one, Lunette that is. The staff can't figure her out but we gravitates towards her ya know?" he replies turning back towards the stove. "If she gives us an order, it's like we have no choice but to obey. I can see her changing this world if she could, I don't know why or how but I believe she could."

My lips turn into a small smile hearing that from him, if only Lunette or someone like that could change the way this world is, maybe then we could all get along.

"Who could change the world Chef Ty?" I heard Lunette's voice ask behind me. Both me and Chef Ty jumped as we were startled from her appearance. "My apologies, Ms. Elizabeth."

Turning around, I gave her a small smile. "Its okay, but I wanted to invite you to a breakfast date with me, Amanda and her friend. Would you mind coming?"

"Ms. Elizabeth?" she questions raising an eyebrow at me as she had her arms position behind her back. "My job is to watch and protect you, rather if you want me there or not, I must be there."

"I know Lunette." I said quietly looking away a bit. "I meant like... I want you there to join us, not to watch over me."

Raising an eyebrow at me, it looks as if she was questioning me a bit through her eyes. Sighing, she nods. "Of course, Ms. Elizabeth."

I look down a bit upset, hoping she wouldn't responded as if it was an order and as if she wanted to go. Feeling a hand on my shoulder, I was met with Lunette's eyes but emotionless face. "I'll like to have breakfast with you, Ms. Elizabeth, I do enjoy a well balanced meal although."

A smile crept onto my lips as if she knew what she'll say would change my mood. Nodding, I gave her and Chef Ty a smile before exiting the kitchen, going back to my bedroom.

~~~

Lunette opens the door for me and Amanda to step out of after pulling up in front of IHop. She thanks Frank before closing the door and making her way towards the entrance door opening it for us as well. We thank her as she followed in behind us. Amanda quickly spotted Bryan as she giggly skipped her way towards him. He stood up ready to give her a hug as me and Lunette made our way towards him. After hugging each other tightly, Manda stood by his side smiling like a mad women making me chuckle.

He stood at about 5,11 with brown short hair that went well with his hazel eyes. His figure wasn't buff but you could tell he had muscles through his clothing which fitted him. Freckles lined his nose and cheeks giving him an innocence appearance.

"Bryan, this is Elizabeth my best friend and her butler, Lunette. Lizzy, Lunette, this is Bryan." she said introducing us to each other.

Smiling, I put my hand out for him to shake which he grasp onto gently but firmly. "Hey."

He turns to Lunette with his hand out but Lunette ignores it and bows her head a little. "Greetings Mr. Bryan.

He claps his hand on his side and gives us a smile. "Nice to meet you guys, Amanda told me you guys were coming so I got a booth for all four of us."

He lets Manda gets in his side of the booth before sitting beside her as Lunette did the same with me. "Thanks for letting us intrude Bryan, I heard a lot about you and is glad to meet the guy who's been stealing my best friend from me."

He chuckles loudly scratching the back of his neck with his hand nervously. "Sorry bout that."

"It's fine." I said as Amanda began to cuddle against his side while our waiter then approach our table.

"Greetings, I'm your waiter Miles. Here are your menus, what can I start you off with to drink?" he asks us as I definitely was in the mood for a hot chocolate. Bryan went first ordering him a plane black coffee and Mandy a cup of orange juice. Turning to us he gave Lunette a weird glance as he then smiles to me getting his pen ready. "And for you ma'am?"

I frowned at his manners but before I could order, Lunette beat me to it. "Ms. Elizabeth would like a cup of hot chocolate and I would just take a black coffee like Mr. Bryan here if you don't mind."

He scoffs and rolls his eyes as he walked away. I glanced at Lunette to see her that it didn't phase her to be treated this way but it surprised me that she knew exactly what I wanted. Amanda and Bryan was glancing at each other, feeling a bit awkward with the situation. "Bryan, I heard you're the basketball captain correct?"

"The one and only, been so for two years and quite proud of it. I hope to lead my team to the nationals this year." Bryan replies proudly as his grip around Amanda's shoulder tightens.

The waiters comes by sitting down everyone's drinks but Lunette's who was clearly still on the tray. Looking down at her, she looks up raising an eyebrow which seems to piss him off making him purposely tip his tray a little for her coffee to spill all over her. "oops!"

Me and Amanda gaps with shock as Bryan stands up pushing the guy a little. "The fuck is wrong with you dude?!"

Everyone was now starting to pay attention to our commotion as we all stood besides Lunette who was calmly sitting still with her eyes close. I gulp, terrified of what would happen.

"The mutt shouldn't be allow in here and for her to sit with you is disgusting!" he hisses at him giving Lunette a disgusting look. "She can't even comprehend what happen to her, dumb bitch!"

"That it!" Bryan was about to throw a swing but Lunette stood quickly catching his hand midair. Everyone gasped at her action as the waiter, Miles scoffs. Bryan looking confused tilts his head at Lunette who stood with his fist in her hand with her eyes remaining close. After a second they open but knowing that distant remaining glare in the red part of her eye, I now know why she kept them shut.

Letting go of his fist he shakes it out and raises his eyebrow at her. "I'm fine Mr. Bryan, there is no need to discipline this young man. Although, I am quite hot and sticky now. I'm afraid Ms. Elizabeth and I will have to head back home. Ms. Amanda, please fill free to enjoy your date with Mr. Bryan here, he is a fine man."

Lunette, drench in coffee, from her hair to her tail, made her way outside to wait. Everyone in the restaurant was in shock as the manager then decided to show her appearance. "I'm so sorry for that, Miles, office."

Angrily, I stepped out of my booth slapping the waiter before he could leave. He stood there shock for a second as he held his check. "I want him fired and my father, John Buford will be calling you about this disrespect towards I and his employee."

Seeing the manager gulp, she gave Miles an evil glare as she soften her eyes towards me. "My deepest apologies Ms. Buford, he will be immediately terminated."

With that, she and Miles quickly walked away as I inhaled a deep breath turning to Bryan and Amanda who was giving me shocking looks. "Sorry about that, Mandy please stay and enjoy yourself. It was nice meeting you Bryan."