3

Writing down all the notes I missed in class, I sigh as my hands were starting to ache. Putting my pen down, I stretch my fingers then balled them into a fist repeatedly.

"Do you wish to take a break Ms. Elizabeth?" Lunette asks me as she stood in front of the table with her hands behind her back.

I shook my head picking up my pencil. "I'm fine, what class of notes is next?"

"French, Ms. Elizabeth." she answers grabbing the whiteboard from the corner of our library.

I squealed silently, excited to hear Lunette speak French. I always admired how perfect and beautiful she pronounces it but not surprised. Lunette is from France as you can not tell by her name which I always found beautiful.

"During class she gave you 12 vocabulary words to practice." she said as she begin writing 12 words in English on the white board: home, father, mother, sister, brother, pet, son, daughter, grandmother, grandfather, and family. "Home is pronounce as accueil."

She then writes the french name for it beside it as I did the same in my notebook.

"Father will be pronounce as père." she does the same as she did to home and writes the french name of it beside it.

I listen carefully to each word and was soothed by her voice. Before I know it, we was done with all of my notes and I was completely knowledgeable from all the lectures I missed. I'm starting to think my brain purposely shuts off to get our lecture time with Lunette instead.

Lunette begins to clean the library table off and put up the white board as I remember to ask dad about the incident earlier with her eyes. "Lunette, I'm going to father's office. I'll be in my room afterwards if you come to check up on me."

"Yes ma'am." she replies continuing to clean up our mess.

Leaving the library, I made my way to father's office. Knocking on his door, I hear a loud enough come in.

Opening the door, I was greeted with father at his desk signing paperwork. Smiling, I made my way towards him and say in the chair across from him. "Hi darling, something the matter?"

"No father but I do have a question." I said as he looks up and raises an eyebrow. "It's about chimeras?"

He chuckles a bit but stops when he notices I was serious. "You know all there is to know Elizabeth, what's peek this curiosity?"

"Well earlier, Lunette's eye, the red part in the left eye glowed a bit and I wanted to know why." I explained as he closes his eyes and nod.

"Well I'm not so sure in Lunette's case since it was only partial of her eye and she's alot different than normal chimeras which is why I hired her as your own personal butler. There are several reasons why a chimera's I could glow; one, they've found their mate; two, they are in heat; or three they feel that they're mate is in danger and is powering up their senses. That's with regular chimeras at least and usually it's both of their eyes completely. In Lunette's case, I'm not so sure." he explains to me as I nod my head understanding. She did get pretty defensive about James, could I be...? "There mates are always other chimeras as well so Lunette could just be in heat but I doubt she'll understand it or whether know how to react to it. Don't concern yourself over her, she'll be fine Elizabeth."

Hearing the first part upsetted me a bit as it could mean, there's another chimera out there who could easily snatch Lunette away from me. Sighing, I nod to him and stood. "I understand father."

He nods and begins going back to his work as I left the room. After shutting the door behind me, I laid my head against it feeling my eyes began to water. I don't understand why I'm crying, it just hurts.