14

SPECIAL CHAPTER

Lunette's POV

Blood covered my arms ruining my uniform but it was the least of my concerns. I carried my dear Elizabeth in my arms as she was unconscious from the beating those humans had given her. Starting to walk out of the now bloody bathroom, I saw the young boy named James coughing as he tries to stand.

"You fu-fucking bitch! You... you really think you'll get away with this?" he coughs out wincing as he held his broken arm. Blood drooled from his lip as I'm sure he now has a busted lip.

Raising my eyebrow, I stared at him annoyingly. "Getting away is not my intention, Mr. James. My only intention is taking Ms. Elizabeth to receive the help she needs."

"She's fucking stu..." using speed, I gripped his neck interrupting his comment and shifting my Elizabeth in my arms as I sinked my canines into his neck inserting an icy fluid.

Once satisfied with how much I dosed him, I threw his body on the ground feeling the blood from my lip. "Never disrespect Ms. Elizabeth again."

Making my way out of the bathroom, I began to make my way to the exit of building. A teacher passing by, fearfully stared at me while backing up as I ignore her. "Hey! I-I can't let you walk out with her lo-looking like that."

Ignoring her, I continue to walk as I then felt her grab my arm. Stopped walking, I turned around slowly as I can feel my senses powering up from anger. "I would advise you to let go. She is hurt and I'm taking her to recieve the help she needs. Pathetic humans as yourself can not help my Elizabeth."

With a gaps she let's go and I make my way towards the exit. Once I was outside, I use speed to reach the hospital doors for the emergency room in under 30 seconds. Walking in, everone had their eyes on me, patients and nurses. Most filled with disgust or hatred as some in shock and fear.

"Ms. Elizabeth Burford is in need of emergency attention." once they realize it was one of the Burford's in my arms, nurses rushed towards me as they try grabbing my Elizabeth from me. "Don't, go get a stretcher, I do not trust any of you to carry her safely."

They hesitated but nod as a few rushed go get the moving bed like I ask. Once it was close enough, I laid her down carefully as I then watched them pulled her away from me. Closing my eyes, I can feel a sense of calmness take over me as I open them to realize my claws was now back to normal.

Looking around the emergency room, humans stared in fear of me. I ignored them and took a seat that's furthest from them. Pulling out my cellphone, I quickly dialed Mr. Burford to inform him.

"Lunette? Is something wrong?" he answers as he knows I rarely call him unless it's an emergency.

"Yes sir. My apologies to inform you but I didn't get to her in time. Ms. Elizabeth was beaten in the..."

"Beaten?!" He interrupts me as I sigh calmly to myself. "Where and who?!"

"In the school's restroom sir by Mr. James and three other females. I assume the doctors will request your presence soon." I informed him.

I heard a click from the other side of the phone knowing he had hung up and I'm sure will be on his way soon.

Waiting patiently as the humans stare at me in fear and shock, I kept looking down at my hands that were harden from dry blood. It made me think what I should be feeling at this present moment; happy, fear, disgust, maybe powerful but I feel nothing. I had to do what I had to do to protect my Elizabeth. No harm shall come to her as I stand breathing.

"Lunette, what the hell happen?" Mr. Burford said rushing towards me looking me up and down.

I stood up quickly, giving him a bow. "They have reported nothing to me since I brought her in, sir."

He states at me sternly then at my hands. "Why is there blood on you Lunette?"

"My apologies sir, once seeing them attacking Ms. Elizabeth I've lost sense of control." I stated calmly staring him in the eye.

He drags his hand down his face as if stressed and signs. "Lu..."

Two men appears behind him and pushes him to the side as they tackled me roughly, clasping cuffs around my wrist. "You're under arrest for the assault of four teenagers Butler of Burford Estates."

"What the hell are you doing?" I hear Mr. Burford shouts as they pull me to my feet.

One of the men in uniform held his hand up towards Mr. Burford to silence. "Do you know about your butler attacking four teenagers at the local highschool Mr. Burford."

"I do indeed actually because it was my daughter she was protecting so why the hell is my employee in cuffs?" Mr. Burford shorts aggressively.

"Sir I'm sure you know the law. Any chimera who harms a human being is faced with assault or murder. Even in their condition, they survived so you should be lucky Burford." the officer rudely says as he bumps his shoulder while walking past him. "Bring her down to the precinct."

Pushing me to walk, I gave a glance towards Mr. Burford who gave me a stern stare as if saying something. Emotionlessly, I obeyed and followed the officer to his vehicle to be put in the back seat of a police car.

~~~

"What the fuck happen for four teenagers to look like they've came out half dead?!" the officer yelled on my face clearly angry. "Protecting isn't the case and if you ask me neither does the bite marks on this boy's neck who's now in a coma says so either!"

He's average height and was leaned built but clearly hasn't had the time for a gym lately. He smelt as if he's been more around females often and by the dark bags under his hazel eyes, he hasn't been getting much sleep either. He has a nice pencil extended goatee that was getting stubbles on his cheeks.

Looking into his eyes, I sign. "I do apologize for the teenager's conditions but I have already stated why I did so. My job is to protect Ms. Elizabeth and if doing so will lead me to where I now sit then this was meant to be." 

He scoffs at me then turns around placing his hands on his waist. "The teacher witness that you had a slightly different appearance such as longer nails and canines with white strands of hair throughout your hair and fur. Care to explain?"

"I honestly have no recognition of that sir." I stated honestly as he I notice he began to bite his lip in frustration.

"You're being face with four counts of assault dammit and you're looking as if you don't care." he stated staring at me as if he was trying to figure me out. "You have no remorse or regret for what you done?"

"Why would I?" I ask raising my eyebrow. "Like I said, my job is to protect Ms. Elizabeth, if doing so will lead me to this seat then so be it. Humans such as yourself, wouldn't understand. No matter what you do to my kind, murder or self defense, it's no difference because you'll be in the right. My kind could be defending themselves and we're charged with assault or murder. No matter what those kids look like in the end, I'll still be seating here with you yelling in my face Detective Johnson."

He glares at me and throws the folder onto the table that I sat at. "Someone will come and lead you to your cell."

"Detective Johnson?" I interrupt him as he opens the door to leave. He responds with a hmm sound as I waited for him to look at me. "You should take more care of yourself sir. It's starting to effect your performance on duty."

He slams the door shut as I look towards the window that didn't allow me to see the detectives behind it knowing they can see me.