(fluff) Diavolo - More important

I can't find enough fluff oneshots for Diavolo, which makes me v sad. So enjoy this one, I tried to let him be as much in-character as possible :)

 A tender breeze brushed over your face. The private beach was perfect. Diavolo got it only for you, because he knew that it would make you happy. You always told him that he didn't had to spend that much money on you, but he apparently didn't care. He'd do anything for you, as long as it made you happy. You sat down in the sand, stretching out your legs to be met by the small waves hitting the Sand. It was a perfectly beautiful spring afternoon, and all that was left to make it even more perfect was Diavolo, who unfortunately was still out on a mission. It worried you every time to think about him potentially dying, but then you always tried to think about how he was the boss, the one who had everything under control – which reminded you that there actually shouldn 't be too much to worry about.

You closed your eyes, and let the sun hit your face, and warm it up. A sigh escaped you mouth, one filled by relief about having found the person to spend your life with.
Minutes of you just laying in the sand thinking about your new life passed, and you eventually drifted off to a light slumber.
"Cara? Are you asleep?", you heard a dark Voice ask you. It took you some minutes to realize that you had fallen asleep, and you opened your eyes, and looked up rather confused. To your delight, the person standing above you was Diavolo. The fact that he was back made you smile, and you sat up. "Sorry, I must have fallen asleep. Here's such a beautiful spot to take a nap at, you should definitely try it out one day!"

Diavolo lifted you up, took your hands and spun you around, ending off the gesture by hugging you. "I'm in a very good mood today, (y/n). Everything's working out perfectly in my life recently.", he said. His statement was met by you kissing his right cheek. "I'm very proud of you. And by the way, thank you for buying this... beach here." It felt weird to say such bizarre sentence, you had never expected to live in such pure luxury ever before.
"It's just a small gift. I know how much you like sitting at the seaside, so I had the Idea to get you your private spot. And just as expected, you like it." Diavolo said. He knew you so good, better than anyone else.

"Want to lie down with me?", you asked him, and cocked your head to the side. He didn't respond with words, but rather with actions. Diavolo dragged you by your hand, as he ran into the water, and pushing you into it. Of course you couldn't just accept that, so it didn't take long until you managed to drag him into the sea as well. You laughed out loud, your heart filled with pure content. It wasn't seen very often, but a bright smile formed on his lips. Your dress was completely soaked in water, and his dark suit was drenched in it too.
The sun was already setting, painting the sky in a wonderfully red and pink tone, making you stop fooling around and had you looking into the sunset. "It's beautiful, isn't it?", Diavolo asked, and swung his arm around your shoulder. "It sure is..."

He positioned himself to stand in front of you, looking deep into your eyes. "Amore, I feel as if I don't spend enough time with you.", he said with a worried undertone. You sighed. "You do, Diavolo. I completely understand why you're running short on time these past few months, your missions are more important than spending ti-"
He interrupted you by planting a passionate kiss on your lips. You pulled him into a tight hug, never wanting to let him go again. It felt so safe with him, to know that you were with the most dangerous man in the entire country, who was under better protection than anyone else. No one knew him as good as you did, most people not even knowing what he looked like. It was only when he was with you when he felt safe enough to drop his intimidating aura, showing you his real self.

After he pulled away from the kiss, he took your hand again. "My missions aren't more important than you are.", he said. "Never say something like that ever again. You don't have to lie with me, just tell me when me being absent that often makes you sad, please."

You nodded. "Diavolo?". You asked him. "What is it?" "I really adore you." His thumb stroked your bottom lip, and you took a deep breath. "(y/n. Not only do I adore you, but I love you."
It was the first time he said these three words. He had never told you that before, only responding to you saying it. "I love you, too.", you responded.

"The sun's nearly down, and it's getting cold. Let's go inside and eat something. We can also drink some wine on the balcony later this night. ""That sounds like a lovely Idea to me."
The big man picked you up, and carried you inside the house bridal style. That night would stay in your memories for long after.