Chapter 13

Paul's POV

I slowly walked to the door, when I got there I turned around to look at John. He had a questioning look on his face. I turned back around and slowly opened the door a bit, then took a peek. It was a person in black with a mask just staring at the door. THAT'S THE KILLER!

I quickly closed the door and locked it since the key was already inside the hole.

"John...that's him!" I whispered, trying to find my phone to call for help.

He widened his eyes and started searching for his phone.

Not here.

"Shit! John! We need to call the police!" I whispered-yelled.

"I know! But where is our phones!"

I shrugged, taking my bed sheets apart.

"Where is it?!"

John turned to me.

"Shhhh" he put his finger on his lips.

"Sorry" I whispered.

I then continue to search for our phones but they were nowhere to be found.

"John, what do we do?"

He came up to me and gave me as kiss on the cheek.

"I'm not sure but we have to figure this out together." He whispered in my ear.

I blushed.

No! No time for blushing!

"What if we just open the door and see what he wants?" I suggested.

"And then get murdered? Hell nah!"

I laughed.

"But that's the only way out of it!" I argued.

He sighed.

"Fine, open the door but take something with you!"

I laughed and nodded. I took a pocket knife that John owned, I have no idea why you gotta ask him that...

I went over to the door, shanking. I slowly unlocked it, have the pocket knife open and ready to fight. John was standing behind me with a baseball bat. Then I slowly started opening the door. No one. Where is the guy?

"Paul, are you sure you're not hallucinating?" John asked, putting the baseball bat down.

"No, I mean, maybe..."

Where is the guy? Am I really hallucinating? But then who knocked on the door?

"Paulie, close the door and let's get you some medicine, ok?"

I nodded, still shocked that the killer wasn't there anymore.

"But then who knocked on the door?" I asked.

"Paul I think you need rest,"

He gave me some medicine that the nurses in the hospital gave me and then I went to sleep, thinking about this whole thing.