Chapter 21

Paul's POV

I opened my eyes and looked around the room I was in.

The hospital.

I sat up easily and saw a nurse walking out. Why I was in the hospital was unknown but I looked around the room to distract myself. I heard the door open aggressively. I looked and saw that John walked in.

"Paulie! Are you ok?" He ran up to my hospital bed and searched if there was anything wrong.

I nodded while smiling.

"The real question is, are you ok?"

He hugged me as a tear run down his face.

"I'm fine, love"

I blushed and kissed his cheek. He let go and looked into my eyes with that loving look of his. He then placed a hand on my cheek and pulled me into a kiss. I pulled him closer to me, deepening the kiss. He lowered his hands to my waist. I was about to move closer to him when the door opened. We quickly pulled away and saw a nurse walk in, smiling.

"I'm so sorry to interrupt but Detective Miller would like to talk to both of you."

I widened my eyes.

"Ok tell her we'll-" John started.

"Shit!" I interrupted.

They both looked at me with a confused expression.

"Oh, uh, sorry" I mumbled," we'll be there"

The nurse left, still looking confused. I took a deep breath in and out. I lied to her to get John..

"What's wrong Paulie?" John asked.

I slid out of the bed and hugged him. He hugged me back.

"What's wro-"

"I lied to her so I can save you" I whispered at last.

He stayed in silence and held me closer to his chest. I liked the warmth of him and that I felt safe whenever he was around. The door opened and the detective walked in with an emotionless face.

"Mr. McCartney." She crossed her arms.

John let me go and I started fiddling with my fingers.

"I knew something was up," she continued, " but I had no idea what it was...guess now I know."

John patted my shoulder.

"I'm sorry for lying but I wanted to save John."

She sighed and nodded in an understanding way. I knew she understood that I had no other choice but to go with it.

"I understand, but next time tell the police."

I nodded.

Wait!

Hood up!

"Next time?!"

She left without another word. I looked at John, confused and scared. He seemed as confused as I was.

"What does she mean next time?" I ask.

"I don't know, love, I don't know...."

I couldn't help but hug him again, I felt safer in his arms. I let a tear leave my eye as I squished him more and more.

"What's wrong Paulie?"

I took a deep breath.

"What did he say? What's his name?"

John pulled apart and looked me in the eye.

"He said that he was sent to kill us all by a woman."

I looked at him, confused. What woman?

"Who?" I asked.

"He said her name was Yoko, Yoko Ono..."