Prologue

My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Too Honest, As I Expected

I don't own the characters nor any of the base story.

So...this is my first story in English, just practicing, so I'm sorry if you find any spelling mistake, as it's not my native language.

Another warning, I've watched "Oregairu" a long time ago, only up to season 2...and sorry, but I'm not watching it again...My brain is already full with the fics of the anime, and besides, I'm not planning on making a recreation of the original work word by word or dialogue by dialogue.-

Soooo...This is gonna be practically a new story, with events based upon the original work, please don't complain about OOC moments, as I said, I'm just going to use this project to sharpen my English.

On another point, this fic is gonna have elements of another anime, guess which! Not doing it out of some morbid wish, just wanna make Hachiman's past a little more interesting, not saying that the bullying or rejections weren't enough...but he being edgy and a practical 'emo' (though he called it being a "realist", but, no...he's just an emo at that point in his life) because of that, it's just seems a little condescending to me, so, I wanted to give him some juice and justifications to his way of thinking.

With that said, enjoy my little, stupid, and relatively inconsequential work.

You can review as you like and I will listen, as long as you don't ask about:

- Story related subjects, as discussing it would be a little spoilery, but plot holes are fine to be pointed out.

- The length of the chapter, because...hey, I'm not being paid here, just writing from the good of my heart.

- Complains about low update rate...yeah, as I said before, not being paid here...

Hope you enjoy!

I, Hikigaya Hachiman, was victim of the abuse of this society, the false masks that they put on, the lies which the so called "friends" spew.

I could not look at people in the eye, it was enough that in elementary school they started bullying me, or as the adults at that time would call it, trying being my friends, I don't know how they think that normal friends are, but I think that that's a bunch of bullocks, pardon my language.

Anyway, things hit the fan, as they say, after I confessed to Orimoto. Everything went downhill from there, so yeah, the lot that followed after that just killed my social life, specially when the whole school just heard about it, my dead fish eyes didn't help, her friends laughing at me didn't help, and most of all, my self-deprecation didn't help.

It was around that time that I had enough, and I transferred schools after my first year in middle school, I ended up returning to Tokyo...

What happened after that, I'm not really comfortable discussing it.

A part of me died a little with her.

I had hit rock bottom after that.

...

I was at my lowest, my only safe haven was my cute little imouto, my little sister Komachi, I can hate the world for what it did to me, for what it took...for who it took from me, but at the end of the day, I can only thank it for giving her to me as my sibling.

I returned to Chiba, broken, with only half of me left.

It was at this precarious situation that I just wanted to run, run where no one could find me— where my...friends couldn't follow me, where no one would know, where no one would tell me to move on...and burned my eyes studying to get in at one of the most famous school in Chiba, Sobu High School, as a bonus, ninety percent of its population were females, so technically I was throwing my self at a nest of snakes...