Chapter 7

I wanted to curse at myself and my naive view of this girl.

"Don't tell me! He did that?!"

"YES! That asshole just stood me up!"

She is close to her stylist. To the degree that they're talking about their romantic life, not paying attention to anyone who could listen.

That anyone being me, and I didn't get a word of what they were saying.

"Well, it's his loss" the stylist said with a huff, not allowing any word to contradict that statement.

"Thanks, Kakyu-nee, you do get me" Ramen-chan nodded sagely.

This is getting stupid.

"I don't want to interrupt but—"

"—You are" Ramen-chan glared at me.

Oi! If you want to have your girl-to-girl talk, then don't bring me here!

"Then I may as well leave" I said nodding at her.

Good, with this I can get out of this 'makeover' business.

But nothing can be that easy, as soon as I take one step at the direction of the door, a hand grabs my arm. I was expecting Ramen-chan, but it was her stylist instead.

"Now now, don't be so grumpy, why don't you have a sit"

"I'm not grumpy" I'm just not comfortable right now with your touch, lady.

Please let go.

"C'mon Dead Eyes-kun, you gotta give a girl some space for chitchat" Ramen-chan adds "You just had to wait"

You're really pushing it.

"You've been talking for half an hour"

"Yeah, we were keeping it short" she states.

Just kill me already.

By the way, stylist-san, please let go.

"Mmm" yet the woman, Kakyu-san, looks at me innocently.

I sigh, they got me cornered at the moment.

"So...what now?"

"Now you sit ~" the stylist—Kakyu-san sings while spinning and putting a hand on the top of a chair.

"I don't feel safe right now"

While complaining and trying to establish my firm opinion in not being comfortable at the moment, the girls didn't relent. So, I found myself sitting, looking at my reflection in the mirror, Kakyu-san's soft and dainty fingers running across my scalp, gently massaging my insecurities and driving away my fears.

What the hell! This felt too good.

It was almost therapeutic.

"Okay handsome, what do you want?"

Such a profound question, and please don't say 'handsome', with me being the only guy here, I may think you're referring to me.

"I-I don't know"

I was in a mere state of nirvana.

"How about you just stylized a little? Not too much, just enough to draw attention, but adequate for working in public" Ramen-chan intervened on my behalf. But I found her argument quite offensive.

"You're saying it like as if I was a walking shame"

"But you are! Do you even comb your hair?!"