Chapter 2

After and awkward run in the drugstore...

I mean, why would the attendant need to know why I needed a water bag and ibuprofen? I went so red just thinking what I had to say to explain myself, but I ended up not having any other choice.

While walking back to home I found myself in front of the same ramen shop that I came across early. If I had to describe it, I would go with the word "classic", because it had that look. Coming inside I found myself with the usual setting, a few tables, nice chairs, stools that went along the counter table, an old ojisan behind it and a pretty girl eating ramen.

"..."

One of those doesn't belong...but it's not my problem, I went to place my order, to which the ojisan accepted with an ojisan smile, now I just had to wait, I placed my shopping bag with the items my cute imouto requested on the counter while I decided to rest a little bit on the stool, then...I had nothing to do, a situation which I was really used to, but I had nothing to distract myself, so I let my eyes wonder a bit, I could see some fabrics hanging from the ceiling, blue colored at that, with the character "strength" written on them, the store was quite dirty? Maybe greasy would be the best word, then I saw a sign saying that they were looking for a part timer. I guess that's the reason everything wasn't quite clean, they lacked manpower.

My eyes then went to the girl (unintentionally may I add), she was quite a sight for sore eyes, around my age, long black and wild hair, clean and white skin, grey eyes that some would confuse with "kind eyes" but I could only see passion on them.

You see, what makes her something or someone worth looking at, wasn't her beauty, which doesn't mean she wasn't pretty, on the contrary, she might take your breath away if you're not careful. But no, what made it difficult to not watch her was the way she ate her ramen, it was like seeing an expert doing his work, the way she drank the broth from the spoon, the form of her pink lips scrunched and expertly blew the heat away, drinking it, taking her time savoring it; then was the way she masterfully used her chopsticks to dominate the noodles and put them in to her mouth, her expression morphed into one of bliss.

She ate like an old man, but with her appearance, it would look more like a shounen protagonist in a story about ramen.

Oh, thee is talented, thy old ways shall survive within your soul chosen one.

"What are you looking at you creep?"

Darn it, I've been caught red handed eyeing her, hope the owner doesn't kick me out without my food at least.

"Ah, sorry" I avert my eyes to avoid further troubles, but then a voice in the back of my head compels me to say my thoughts.

Which is completely unreasonable! What the hell voice in my head?!

"It's just..." the girl looks at me, clearly thinking that I'm about to say some lame pick up line, the pink in my ears does not help me make a case against that assumption, but I must clarify my leering "...you just looked like a shounen manga protagonist eating ramen" I tried my best at keeping my voice even and my face expressionless, any effort in smiling would just gross her out and make her think I'm creep.

"Y-you...wha...?"

I knew it would be something weird to say "Sorry if I've made you feel uncomfortable"

"No...well" she averts her face, I can't see her expression "Just out of curiosity, what kind?" she asks while plays with one of the tips of her hair.

"What kind?" what does she mean?

"Uh-uhm...well, like Goku? Or Luffy?" oh, she thinks I though she was eating like a glutton? Well, kind of? But not exactly...I better clarify.

"Eh...if you want a comparison, maybe like 'Koizumi-san'1?"