Chapter 3

"Just bring the ingredients on this list from the deposit first, that you can go and start cleaning the store, the cleaning tools should be in the back...by the way, the uniform...it suits you, oddly enough"

"Should I be offended?"

With those words I started my first day on the job, Ojichiro-san gave me a run down of all my responsibilities at first, simple things if I can say so myself, it helped that there were no hours when we were overwhelmed with clients, I just had to bring the ingredients in the morning, clean the shop, attend the cash register, take orders, wash the dishes, arrange the chopstick, fill the water dispenser, and all the normal stuff.

As he said, I would be given a period of one week to get used to the work, he would help me in the cash register until I got used to it, he would forgive minor and honest mistakes. After that one week, any broken plate or lost money from the register would come out from my payment.

Heh...who would say, I, Hikigaya Hachiman, rejected extraordinaire, would get a payment. Never in my wildest dream could I have predicted this.

But this is life, and the gods are not kind.

"..."

"The usual" said Ramen-chan without looking at me, completely absorbed in the manga she had in her hands.

It must be the work of fate-No! forget that, erase that. It's the work of coincidence...Yes! The god of coincidence.

"Sorry, kind of new here...what's the usual?"

She finally looked up from her magazine and landed her sight on me, eyes turning in to dots, giving me a view of a beautiful surprised face.

"W-What are you doing here?"

"You got me this job, and you ask that?" I could only answer in a sarcastic tone.

Damn, this girl already forgot about the mess she made of me yesterday.

Oh...she's blushing, I guess she didn't.

"I-I didn't do anything" she spew nervously.

"But you liked me yesterday, don't you remember" just a bit of teasing should be fine, but I don't want to come out as a creep, I should stop it.

"I-I..." She's completely red...I guess I can tease her just one more time, just as a payback for getting me this job.

"You gonna have to take responsibility" I said while putting my arms around chest protectively "It-It was my first..." my first job...but she gets the idea.

"Wha-what the hell are you talking about!"

I couldn't help but laugh at that reaction. Though, I don't want to come out as a creep, so I cover my mouth while laughing, better not show my gross face for now, don't want to scare the costumers...

Maybe I should consider wearing a face mask, I mean, I know that I'm not bad looking, but they always say that my smile is creepy, so...I actually have two options if I want to keep this job, one is to cover my face, the other is perfecting my neutral face.

I guess that for now I should try to use a neutral expression. So, I try to control my laughter...Is it work-

"Gross...don't laugh"

Guess I can't laugh now...

No smiling, no laughing...it like the world doesn't want me to be happy.

Nevertheless, that should have been obvious by now.

"Sorry" I respond controlling my facial expression, while trying to keep my voice even.