Chapter 8

(wanted to try smth new.. I might add gifs to every chapter now)

 I might add gifs to every chapter now)

"Your name is--"

ᨓᨓ ᨓᨓ

While Erza cared for the injured man,  Jaeheon had explained to the other residents that Sangwook had killed a killer pedophile leaving them shocked. Erza was leaning on the door frame as she watched the residents pour dirt onto the dead bodies. She felt bad that she couldn't help the little girl. It was her fault for not being fast enough. For not moving the other two out of the way. She could remember the fear-stricken look on the girl's face vividly. Her rigid breath. Her eyes that filled with a slight hope that she'd make it inside. The way that the hope slipped away and filled with nothingness as she stared back at Erza with her dull eyes.

Erza narrowed her eyes, staring holes into the floor, and shuttered.

Nothing could ever make her forget her eyes.

A jab to her arm made her look up and find Sangwook staring down at her with a blank look. "Hey.." She mutters, shocked that he was unbothered by the many stares that were given in the room. "Children, why don't we go play?" The daycare director whispers, pulling them out of the room. Erza watched as the little boy looked back at the two before they turned down a different hall. The others awkwardly shuffled out of the room while Yoori and the old grandpa walked out with a look of pity. The look wasn't to the two, it was toward the buried bodies. It seems that some people still had some compassion.

Erza looked back at Sangwook who was still staring at her. His deep frown seemed to somehow deepen when he looked at the graves.

"It's not your fault." He mutters, walking up to the grave and crouching down by it. Erza watched, confused at how he could read her so well. "I know." She lied, making her way to sit next to him. "You don't have to lie to me." He told her while giving a look of skepticism.

Erza turned her head away from him and stared down at the graves. "Why should I tell you? I don't even know your name." She remarked, rolling her eyes. Sangwook was quiet for a second before reaching a hand out to grab hers. "Didn't you say that you didn't need my name?" He asked but Erza didn't answer him as she stared at their interlocked hands. "I still would like to know it." She mumbles to herself.

Sangwook sighed before leaning close to her ear and whispering. "Pyeon Sangwook." Then he leaned back, Erza quickly turned her head to look at him with a red face. "Your name is--" He cut her off with a nod and she gave a smile. He grabbed out some money and a keychain, he stared at it for a while before sighing and grabbing a lighter out from his pocket. He handed Erza the keychain which she now realized was the apartment keys that belonged to Yoon Jae. "Bury that." He ordered while he grabbed a container.