Chapter 12

IM SO EXCITED FOR SEASON TWO I ALREADY HAVE SOME STUFF PLANNED

(This was written in the span of two hours so if there's any problems please comment!!)

"Tanoko."

It felt as if her cheeks were going to fall off as her smile was permanent on her pale face. She had never felt so happy. She knew he felt the same as his face was more relaxed and content than usual. But, at the moment all happiness seemed to disappear when the news about Jisoo needing surgery suddenly spread around the building.

Erza sat next to Jisoo, holding her hand. Though she wasn't close to the girl, she knew she was special to her brother and that meant she was special to her as well. "Your grip sucks ass." Jisoo joked, giving a pained chuckle as her voice seemed strained. Erza smiled down at the woman. "I'll get you that medicine. Just don't die on me before I can, okay?" Erza set down Jisoo's hand onto the makeshift bed before standing as the pink haired girl smiled and nodded. "Same to you." Nodding, Erza left both Jaeheon who had entered the room and Jisoo alone, knowing he'd probably want the privacy.

Her head seemed to fill with paranoid thoughts as she wandered the halls. What if they encounter dangerous monsters? What if not even Hyunsu can fight them off? What if Erza never saw her brother again? The worry must have been evident on her face when someone tapped her shoulder— Sangwook. His face was scrunched up as if he were equally worried about what could happen. "What's on your mind, beautiful?" It had only been an hour but Sangwook had decided on a name to call her, a name that he found completely appropriate to call her. To him, she was the most beautiful woman. No one could change that, not even an allegedly "most beautiful" supermodel.

"I'm worried about the mission." She said, looking up at him and grabbing his hand as they slowly began walking. "What if we don't make it back? It won't just be us dying." Referring to the people in the building. The people who didn't know how to defend themselves or how to survive on their own.

He rubbed his thumb against the back of her hand, walking into the garage. "It's a chance we have to take. Just think, if we don't do this then everyone will die either way." His words made her nod with a sigh. "You're right. It's always going to be a what if situation now that the worlds gone to shit, huh?" She huffed a laugh. Finally grabbing the handle of the passenger door when they arrived at the armored vehicle, she turned, letting go of his hand and holding his cheek before leaning up and placing a kiss on his lips.

When she pulled back, she stared into his eyes, love and fear swirled in her blue and brown eyes. She wanted to so badly tell him those three words but it was as if something had caught in her throat, so she settled for the only thing she could say. "Don't die." He seemed to understand her unsaid words and nodded giving her a kiss on her forehead before walking to the other side of the van.

Opening and closing the door, she sat down and turned to look at Hyunsu who held his electric spear in a tight grip, his eyes holding a hard glare as he stared down at his feet. Yoori then jumped into the van, cracking her neck slightly then letting out a relieved sigh. She was ready for what was going to happen. But she wasn't ready for the outcome.