Chapter 10

(I'm not entirely sure about the timeline in sweet home but I'm just gonna say it's been a week since Sangwook got to the apartment complex)

'Yuck..'

————-

The shop was some what of a hiding place for Sangwook. He didn't like being around the others, he felt uncomfortable with the way they stared at him, the only person he could handle was Erza. She never looked at him in fear, but instead with happiness. Her smile was almost infectious.

Shaking his head he tried ridding the image of her face from his mind as his cheeks brightened.

It had been three days since he had met her, yet everytime he had looked at her, he felt his heart leap. It seemed unnatural. He was probably just acting this way due to the new friendship they had established. Then again, even before, he was never like this with his other female friends. Burning holes into the registers counter, his glare almost menacing, he hadn't noticed the brunette walk inside the store. "Hottie, I've been looking for you." She smiled at him, nose crinkling and eyes squinting. Looking up from the counter, he admired her features. She continued to walk around the store, grabbing a candy bar. "It's so hot in here! How can you wear a jacket without dying?" She groans as she tore open the packet and broke off a piece of the chocolate bar. Once she was by the counter, she pushed her hand to him, offering the chocolate. He took it and put it in his mouth with one swift motion, letting the candy melt before swallowing it.

"It's not that hot." He replies. Shaking her head with a roll of her eyes. "You're a strange one." She mutters, sharing a larger amount of the candy bar. The two fell silent, Erza moving to sit on top of the counter, swinging her feet. The power was still out. "Jaeheon's been awfully quiet these passed few hours." Erza comments, her brother usually being chatty.

Sangwook let out a huff with a tiny grin. After Jaeheon had told him about Erza's past, he was finally able to understand why her cheerful smile never really reached her eyes.

"Our parents had died a while back. They had gotten sick. We were to poor to get them the treatment they needed, and we had to donate their bodies since funerals were to expensive." Jaeheon mutters, hand tightening around the sword handle. "I never told Erza what happened to their bodies.. she was only a kid and I was struggling with our parents debts, so I sold off our home and gained a couple thousand." Sangwook didn't understand why he was telling him this. This was the first time they had talked without almost fighting each other, why was he telling him such personal things?

"When we moved here, I was fired from my job and decided to drown myself in alcohol. I was an angry drunk and at the time I had blamed my sister for my struggles. I knew she was too young to live on her own, but I had finally gotten free of my family and all of a sudden I was stuck with another person to take care of." Jaeheon thought back to the things he had said and done, shame and regret filling him.