Chapter 11

"I love you "

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"I love you "

Feeling the water drip down her skin, Erza stared at her brother, hatred filling her soul as she stood in the rain with clenched fist. How could he? She had always been there and helped him when he needed it, why had he done the opposite? She waited for him to discharge her from the hospital but she had to wait twenty-hours before she could leave since he hadn't even come to check on her. Her face was wrapped in bandage, making it seem it was disfigured as her left eye was swollen along with her jaw. She couldn't speak, she couldn't eat, and no one dared to help her. Was she that terrifying?

She found her way home watching as he hugged his Fiancés little sister with a happy look on his face. She knew ever since the two met, she was what her brother wanted her to be. Even after Erza began to act and talk like her, her brother still shunned her. She would never be enough for him. She wished she had died with her parents. At least death would have prevented her from looking as ugly as she did now. She watched as her brother turned to look out the window, capturing her eyes as he did. His smile vanished while he paused in shock. If he didn't want her, no one did.

Erza turned and began walking down the street. It took ten minutes before she heard him shouting her name and his pounding foot steps. Not turning back she continued her efforts of escaping him. She didn't want to burden him with her pain. He was the reason why she felt so alone but also so loved at the same time. He acted perfect around his soon-to-be family when in reality he swallowed his fears down with alcohol. The stinging pain when the bottle would clash with her skull was engraved in her memories. It had happened more often than not. Yesterday, she had finally gotten tired of all the pain and abuse that she finally snapped at the woman she used to think was her friend, and ended up in the hospital.

Erza had finally made her decision.

She was never going to come back to this life, even if it meant she has to face the man she began to fear most. "Erza! Don't walk away from me!" He shouted at her, gripping onto her arm and making her turn to face him. She huffed and shook her head at him, trying to free herself from his grasp. "What's your deal? I've been calling you since yesterday! Do you realize how embarrassing it was to tell Gae-Tae's mother you were too busy to attend her family gathering? Why is your face covered in all that crap?" Erza wanted to shout at him and tell him it was his fault that she was like this but with her swollen face she wasn't able to let out a whisper. "Dammit why are you like this, huh? I've taken care of you for years and you're still just as ungrateful as you've been the last four years! Take that shit off now!" He grabbed the wrap, tugging at it while Erza fought back. Once the bandage fell, his face of anger did as well.

"Erza..?"

"Erza?" The said woman looks up from her sword that she had been cleaning, finding the two kids drowning at her. "Yes?" The boy looked up at his older sister who nodded as if to encourage him before he looked back at Erza and grabbed something from his pocket. "Mr Gangster man said to give this to you. He said he was sorry." The girl spoke, placing her hands on her brothers shoulder as the boy handed Erza a Hersheys candy bar. Erza's heterochromic eyes crinkle as a smile grew on her lips. The two haven't talked in the past few hours, both too embarrassed to even look at the other. "Thank you." She sighs, placing her sword to lean against the wall as she stood, stretching her arms. "I should probably go thank him too, huh?" The girl nodded quickly as the boy shrugged. Erza patted the little boys small head before leaving to find the man.