Unveiling The Truth

Hailey had been sitting outside with her father gazing out at the red mustang her mother had left, she glanced over at her father who was holding back tears. She didn't realize her father's love for the car until he was standing up "Hails, come on let's go for a drive" he spoke in a gruff voice.

Hailey instinctively stood up "why?" she questioned as her father grasped her now paling hand "come on baby doll." He murmured in his Texan accent, his perfect smile made her smile, and she got into the car with him as he had zoned out almost automatically too when Emily has taught him how to drive. Stella had run out "dad, can I come with you?" She begged as Hailey grinned "hop in girly!" She called out as both Stella and August got into the back seats. Stella gasped noticing the red car "Who's the car was this?" She asked as Hailey and Cordell were sharing a little smile then replied in unison "Mom's".

Stella groaned, as they arrived at a bank, Hailey remained in the car as Stella looked at their father "dad..." she says in her soothing high-pitched voice, her auburn hair flowing in the wind, Cordell slowly turned "yes?" he questioned as Stella had taken a deep breath "I'm sorry." She says solemnly as she truly did feel bad.

Cordell just shook it off "Stella, what's done is done. There is no way of changing it" He was speaking softly but had a serious tone. Stella rolled her eyes, but she realized what he was saying "Is that before the 100 hours of community service or after my license gets suspended" She says visibly irritated, August and Stella locked eyes and made a face before Cordell turned to August "you alright?" he asked firmly as August instantly stopped "yeah. yeah," August replied to the question embarrassed.

Hailey heard a small chuckle escaping from her father's mouth, she grinned, she adored it when her younger siblings were getting along with their father. They strolled back to the car, this time Stella and Hails swapped places, August snuggled up to Hailey in the back as she rolled her eyes "Hey Auggie" she muttered.

They had no idea that their father had been keeping a massive secret, he had a pseudonym he was using when he was looking for answers about their mother's sudden death. His name was "Duke" and he had hooked up with this thief named Twyla, August had uncovered a box with old photographs and his old phone "dad whose Twyla?" he requested befuddled, Hailey gulped "what?" she questioned bewildered as she had seen her father shoot August a death glare.

Hailey gasped, a tear rolling down her cheek "Dad...? what?" she asked as they arrived home, Cordell slowed the car down "August, Stella out now!" he commanded, Hailey moved into shotgun after Stella had gotten out and the same with August. They were sitting there in silence before Cordell decided to break the silence by choosing to talk about his mistakes with his daughter. He was speaking in a raspy kind of voice it was almost like he had been crying "Twyla is a girl I met..." he told the blonde as Hailey nodded understandably. She clutched his hand and rubbed it comfortingly "don't worry father..."

Cordell sighed, he glanced at Hailey as he leaned his head on her shoulder "I'm sorry..." he said as Hailey breathed a sigh "dad it's..." She was growing quiet as she ducked "dad who's that...?" she asked as she witnessed her father get out to embrace the young slender blonde-haired woman "Twyla!" he yelled out "Duke?" she doubts before embracing him back.

Hailey was particularly curious about how they met, but she couldn't have said anything as August had blown his cover. She cursed under her breath before stepping out of the car "Auggie stop..." she murmured as she noticed her father change moods "LISTEN HERE KID, GO BACK HOME" he bellowed furiously to August "Oh what so I'm a Kid now?" August scoffed "Just because you were cheating on mom".

A ghostly silence occurred followed by more silence, Hailey, August, and Cordell merely stood frozen glaring at each other, then Twyla ended the silence "so these are your children?" she asked as she then turned away to look at Hailey and August "Twyla Jean, nice to meet you" She spoke pleasantly concealing her two-faced side. 

Hailey rolled her eyes, her father constantly used to teach her when to know if somebody is two-faced "Yeah you too..." she replied, what she didn't know was that Twyla was her mom, Cordell disguised her as Emily's daughter by constantly getting her to get her hair dyed brunette.