Broken Trust

Hailey stayed in her bedroom; her door had been locked. A single tear was rolling down her pale cheeks "I miss you, Emily..." She whispered to herself as she took a picture of her and her 'mother' around the time of her Junior Prom her cabinet. She smiled as she cautiously stroked the photograph before putting it back on her bedside cabinet, right next to her clock, which was another gift from Emily, a special one... She did not want to face her father; she couldn't, not after what had happened the night before. The fight in which she had not forgiven him. Reminiscences of their fight lingered in her mind, she sighed as she murmured "I wish you were here Emily; we need you..." She mumbled now in tears.

She was lying on her bed, she had just begun to drift off as she heard a knock on her bedroom door "Go away!" she yelled frustrated suspecting that it was her father, she swallowed as her door creaked open gradually "I said go..." She was cut off almost instantly as someone clutched her shoulder before placing a gun to her head, her heart was pounding faster and faster. She succeeded in getting free, she flipped the person over just as they swept her leg. She fell to the floor followed by a loud crash.

It was 3:00 AM, if her family were not up then, they were certainly up now, her eyes narrowed in determination, and she then threw the person to the floor and they were wrestling for a few minutes before Cordell and Liam sprinted in.

They gasped, seeing this brawl happen. They shared a glance before strolling out, Hailey was struggling, and the person was starting to win. But that was until Hailey snatched the gun, she put it to their head "goodbye." She says sneering. She gulped as she squeezed the trigger. 

BANG! The gunshot rang out, and Cordell jumped out of his skin as he hurried into her room, fearing the worst. He gasped, seeing her standing over the body "HAZIE, WHAT DID YOU DO?!" He roared furiously; he clutched her shoulder. Hailey fought as she pulled the gun out to him "Let me go!" She demanded, she looked at the body.

She warily walked over to the body, she meticulously nudged it. Cordell had disarmed her gun; his stare had been fixed on the picture of his daughter and wife at Prom Night for quite some time, Cordell cleared his throat before deciding to ask about what she has been feeling.

 Silence... it was quite a long time before he drew a long breath before speaking "You feel, alone don't you?" He asked, she looked at him then disregarded him "Hazie, stop this. I want to help but I can't because you won't ask for assistance..." He declares while he was looking at her, she looked away, she knew what he was saying was correct "yes..." she uttered, a tear rolling down her cheek. Cordell steadily moved closer to her, he had taken her hand in his and pulled her close to his chest.

Hailey breathed a sigh; she noticed that her phone was ringing. It turned out to be Stella. "Stella never calls me without a reason." She thought, adrenaline running through her body as she answered it "Stells, you alright?" She asked worried, she gulped hearing that their football team wasn't alone. She sighed as she hung up and tracked the call, she snatched the keys to the mustang and drove to where they were.

She gasped seeing the Northside Nation Gang surrounding them, she gasped as she was counting them "6?" she asked herself puzzled, then it clicked. She sat in the car frozen, realizing that she had made a rookie mistake, because the one who attacked her and the one, she killed was their leader. The very next thing Hailey did was foolish but selfless.

She didn't even think about what she was doing, but she opened the car door, hesitantly stepped out before glaring them down, "LEAVE THEM ALONE" Eve demanded indignantly, she strode out as all the glances were turned to her "you're the illegitimate Walker child, you're the one who slaughtered our leader!" one of them screamed. They all charged at her like a herd of wild animals but she silently slid past them, she ran to Stella and August "are you guys okay?" She asks concerned as they ran into her arms. Hailey seemed a little taken aback by the sudden attention, but she didn't mind.

Cordell had trailed along with Micki, he gulped as he arrested the gang before rushing to his children "Hazie, do not go running away like that ever again, you hear me!" He shouted; Hailey giggled before rolling her eyes "Can't guarantee anything father..." She says gently, she despised fighting with her family, especially with her father. They are similar in so many different ways, even in ways that they weren't aware of.

Geri and Hoyt ran to them, she grinned "we aren't selling the bar, but we are handing it to the next best thing." They stated, Hailey looked particularly bewildered "what?" she questioned, her gaze had been fixed on her father who was grinning. 

She watched as he cleared his voice "I saw how heartbroken you were about Emily's favorite place being sold. So, Hoyt, Geri, and I decided to redecorate it... It's now our Hallie... I brought it as a surprise for you. I'm sorry" He said quietly, he drew her into a hug, Hailey was overwhelmed, and she pulled from his hug. She was pleased sure, but that didn't fix the fact about her father was always prepared to forget fights that had happened the night before.

Cordell sighed, he pulled Hailey away "Hazie... please I already apologized for what I did last night...Please stop making me seem like I'm the villain in this.." He said feeling crushed and remorseful that they ever got into a fight in the first place. Hailey drew a deep breath "I know father, I just need time... Just give me tonight, and I promise that this will blow over tomorrow" She replied with a soft smile.