Seeing the Beauty Through the pain

Eve found Billy's sweater, she groaned as she closed her eyes, a tear rolled down her cheek. But when she opened her eyes, she wasn't in her bedroom... She was in Billy's room; she was wearing no clothes and she was lying on his bed; her breathing was heavier as it felt like he was smothering her.

She attempted to move off his bed, but he had held her down, she cried but no one heard her, she was screaming for mercy, but Billy just carried on, he proceeded to hurt her... "I never gave consent..." She said as Billy smirked "I don't care..." Just like that everything went black, her surroundings disappeared, he had knocked her unconscious.

It was 3:00 am, Eve was sitting up in bed drenched head to toe in her sweat, Hermione had been sitting in front of her calming her down "Hey, it's just a nightmare..." She said sweetly, Eve decided now was the time to stop being envious of her sister. Hermione was there when she needed her, Hermione was like a mother to her... particularly now that Emily was dead.

Hermione held Eve close to her chest, she sat there for a minute caressing her hair, Eve's breathing slowed, she fell asleep again... Hermione stood up, that was until she noticed Eve's pregnancy test, for some strange reason, she kept it.

Hermione stood by it, her hand grasped it into her hand as she picked it up, she then dropped it, she bent down and picked it up. Next thing she knew, she was sitting on the toilet seat weeping, she was looking at the pregnancy test which said positive.

"Great..." She muttered whilst taking a trembling breath, as she picked up her phone, she had noticed a missed phone call from Cordell, she sighed as she called him back "Hey papa, sorry I didn't pick up..." She said holding back tears, Cordell could hear the pain in her voice "hey, want me to take you out for ..." He asked reassuringly.

Hermione was 17, at the time of her boyfriend at the time got her pregnant, she was the same age as her mother when she got pregnant with her and Dean. She was smiling as she made her way to the restaurant, that was until she collided with some of her boyfriend's friends. Cordell interfered before anyone could get seriously wounded.

She could recall it so vividly, the shouting, the fighting... Cordell kicked her out due to her getting pregnant, he slammed the door in her face after she walked out. Hermione shuddered as she was ripped back into reality after hearing a door slam.

Dean was standing in Eve's room to see Hermione curled up on the floor sobbing, his eyes fell onto the pregnancy test she was grasping in her hand "Hermione, love... it was wrong of dad for kicking you out." He replied, knowing that it was what she was thinking about.

Hermione had given her daughter up for adoption, but did name her Quinn after her high school best friend, she slowly stood up as she peeked out of the window, she touched the window, she stumbled back, images of her mother's death appeared in her mind...

Hermione and Dean were the ones to stumble across Emily before she got shot, they hid from view whilst they saw their mother get brutally murdered, the murderers were after them, as they had "unfinished business" with them... Hermione recognised his face almost instantaneously, it was Billy Rodriguez... that's right Eve's ex-boyfriend....

It had been a year since Emily's death, but it meant everything to Hermione. Hermione thought that Billy was their mothers' murderer, but Dean wanted to make sure, but all the clues added up to Hermione's case... There was another guy by the side of Billy, an older man "Jesse, Rodriguez... My father..." she overheard Billy say out loud.

Hermione hurried out of Eve's bedroom, she ran into the Police station, and unlocked her father's office. She thought it would be empty, but when she opened the door... She noticed her father sitting at his desk, his eyes fell upon her "Mione, butterbean? why are you..." Hermione looked perplexed, she then smiled seeing that his wound had healed.

Hermione's eyes fell onto the filing cabinet; Cordell's eyes wandered to where she was looking "What?" He asked, Hermione shut the door "I think I know who killed mom..." She replied, as she opened the filing cabinet, she looked at all the letters until reaching R, "Rodriguez..." She said out loud before discovering their files empty. Her now frightened eyes looked up at Cordell "they're gone." She answered, Cordell looked dumbfounded "Someone broke in then." He responded.

Billy and Jesse both sauntered, guns blazing but crumpled in their pockets were their files "Looking for these..." They asked grinning devilishly, Cordell pushed Hermione to the ground as he held her close "Stay behind me Butterbean." He said warmly as Hermione crawled behind him.

Her skirt got caught on something, Billy snatched her by the hair and yanked her up roughly, he put a gun to her head "You were there that night, weren't you?" He asked, Cordell's bewildered eyes fell on Hermione "hang on what?!" he said astounded.

Hermione gulped as she nodded, she looked at Cordell as she uttered "Me... and Dean were there" She murmured, as Cordell nodded, he was scared that he'd loose his first born... it would hurt him too much as she is the last thing he has of Emily.