Don't Let Me Go

Hailey was just standing there stunned that her father's "mistress" stood in front of them, she gulped as she felt Cordell's hand creep into hers. Her heart rate soared as she looked at August and then to Cordell before refocusing her attention on Twyla, she was beautiful... to say the least, her beautiful golden hair flowing over her shoulders, and her chocolate brown eyes gazed at the Walkers. 

Twyla's sparkling eyes twinkled in the sunlight, but there was some sort of mischievous glint in her eyes "I'm your mother Hailey... your father failed to tell you that part didn't he?" She asked smirking evilly, she was a stealthy thief and hated when she got caught.

She grinned as she had them surrounded. She pulled out a pistol on them, then she whistled as two other girls strolled into view. Twyla's lips curled into a slight smirk "allow me to introduce you to my sisters Farah and Phoebe." Farah appeared similar to Twyla, but Phoebe on the other hand has blue hair with raven black roots. The two girls strode over to Hailey and August clutching their shoulders firmly. Hailey struggled but Phoebe put her dagger to her neck "one sudden move and you'll be bleeding out" she muttered into Hailey's ear as a shudder went down her body, as her legs began to give out as she had been standing up for too long.

Cordell scowled at Twyla "LET THEM GO!" He thundered furiously as he pulled his gun out at Twyla, a ferocious fire ripped through his body. He couldn't lose his children, he just couldn't. Particularly Hailey, her divine personality and her comfort reminded him of his late wife Emily, even if they weren't related, Emily's passion had rubbed off onto Hailey, she turned out to be the only thing he had left of her. Twyla sneered "You should've told me that you're the Texas Ranger, Walker." she says arrogantly as she sighed, she glanced at her sisters as she nodded, they roughly threw them to the ground, before walking away. Phoebe looked at Hailey and smirked before mimicking and slitting her throat.

Cordell ran over after they left, he was helping them up when another woman strolled over, clothed head to toe in a beige uniform, Cordell gazed up at the brunette as he let out a sigh of relief seeing that they had arrested Twyla and her sisters.

He ran into her arms "Oh Micki..." he says with gratitude, Eve smirked, "Micki..." she thought, then it clicked Michelle Floriana Ramirez, Micki was her father's partner in crime. "They sure have chemistry" Hailey was thinking out loud, Cordell and Micki looked over at her "Ah Micki, this is Hailey Blake... my daughter and my pride and joy." He says as Micki sauntered over to the young girl and grasped her hand in a tense grip "Your father speaks highly of you my dear" she says in a pleasant tone. She grinned weakly, she never typically got embarrassed, but she did when she discovers her father speaking affectionately about her, it just makes her slightly humbled.

She was smiling as they were striding back to Micki's house, she was going to check Hailey and August for any wounds, well that was until Twyla had fled as she shot Cordell in the chest twice. She let out a heart-breaking scream "NO" she screamed as her father fell backward and landed in a pool, Micki ran over and helped him out, she started performing CPR, Hailey sighed "he's wearing a bulletproof vest." She responded to Micki as she stopped. Cordell awoke a few minutes later, he cautiously stood up, and she supported him as they resumed walking to Micki's house.

After, about 20 minutes, they arrived at her house. Hailey beamed as she studied the house, Micki smiled as she handed her a cowgirl hat "here... I'm sure you want to match your father" she says laughing kindly, Hailey took the hat with appreciation "Thank you..." she whispered, a tear was rolling down her cheek... no one ever questioned how hard it was for her and how hard she had to be with her siblings when their father was at work.

Micki gulped, she gradually brought Hailey to the floor as she had begun to have a panic attack "Cordie!" she cried, Cordell heard his name and swiftly scrambled to his feet from where he was sitting "Y-Yes...." his eyes met her teary ones, he knelt and drew her close to his chest "hey... I'm here..." he responded quietly; he caressed her hair "hey... it's okay..." he says incredibly concerned. Cordell then realized the amount of pressure he had been putting on his daughter "I'm so sorry... Hailstorm, you should have told me that you were stressed" He says gently.

The doorbell rang, Hailey nestled closer to Cordell as Micki went to the door and flung the heavy door open, she gasped as standing there was a woman about the age of 40, She also had brunette hair and brown eyes and glasses. She huffed; Hails glanced over as she heard Micki say "mother..." The tone was aghast, but she could hear a little bit of fury rising so she could tell that they did not have the best relationship. 

Her mother paraded in like she owned the place, her glance was set on Cordell and Hailey "You never told me you had a husband or a child" She says very angry, Micki swallowed "no mom... she isn't mine... She's the daughter of the late..." she hesitated for a second as her mother scowled at her "Emily Walker..." she says softly, Adriana gasped seeing Cordell "meaning he's the Texas Ranger..." She replied surprised. Micki nodded, her brunette hair fell over her shoulders "you are correct, he is my work partner." Adriana gasped " You chose to be a police officer over a doctor... how could you!" she shouted indignantly, slapping Micki.

Hailey and Cordell just stood there awkwardly and without a word, you could tell the strain in Micki and Adriana's relationship... Hails glanced up at her father fearful that one day that would be her and him. Her father was her best friend. 

She could never envision a world without him by her side. She clenched his hand subconsciously as Cordell looked at her worried "hey... what's wrong?" he asked, then it sunk in "Hay-Hay, darling, listen we will never abandon each other... You know that" He says keeping her close to his chest, she was weeping into his chest as Micki glanced at Cordell "you can go, I'll see you at work tomorrow" Her look fell onto Hailey "maybe bring Leigh along..." She responded as she smirked at Hailey. 

She smirked back as she and her father walked out still holding hands, they got into their car but didn't drive off. They simply sat there in silence, Hailey was looking at her lap whilst Cordell had been looking at her "Hey, I never realized how hard of a time I had given you... you should've told me baby girl" He replied as she just disregarded him, she just brushed it off not wanting to discuss this matter with him yet.