Shattered Windows Pt. 2

Everything hurt. Grian wrapped his arms around himself to try and relieve some pain, but that didn't help at all. The softness of the bed did nothing to-..... wait.

Grian opened his eyes to see the almost harsh whiteness of his base. As he slowly began to wake up he realized that he could hear voices, but they sounded distant and muffled.

The sounds made his brain hurt. He groaned, moving he sweater paws to cover his ears instead. The voices suddenly stopped speaking and Grian could feel the vibrations from the footsteps getting closer.

The voices began speaking again once they were right next to him. Everything around him right now was just to loud. On the other hand, at least the voices sounded clearer. Still muffled, but definitely clearer.

"Gᵣᵢaₙ? Gᵣᵢaₙ, aᵣₑ yₒᵤ awaₖₑ ₙₒw?" All Grian did was let out another groan and mutter two words.

"ᵀᵒᵒ ˡᵒᵘᵈ..."

"Wₕaₜ?"

"ᵀᵒᵒ ˡᵒᵘᵈ..."

"o-Oₕ," With that he felt two pairs of footsteps walk away from them. And as the voices walked farther away, Grian began to drift farther into sleep once again.

========✄--------------

When Grian awoke once again he felt marginally better. Of course his ribs and head still hurt, but he was relieved to find out that, compared to when he first woke up, he felt so much better.

It was the best sleep he had in over a week after all. Now that his head was clear he could hear at least three people in the other room. As he slowly sat up he could feel where every bandage was carefully placed.

As he tried to get out of bed he put pressure on his foot and suddenly a sharp pain shot up through his leg. He let out a cry of shock and pulled his leg back up. Next thing he knew Mumbo, Iskall, and Xisuma were in the room with him.

Well, Xisuma stood in the door way while the other two came up to him. Immediately Iskall kneeled down to inspect his leg while Mumbo sat next to him and quietly fretted, remembering what Grian said earlier.

"Grian! Oh, you shouldn't put pressure on that foot, it's twisted!" Grian looked down at his foot to see it being gently held by Iskall, who was unwrapping bandages he had somehow not noticed before. There was a large bruise that was slowly beginning to turn a bluish-purple.

"I-I'm sorry," Grian could hardly get the words out before he began to quietly bawl his eyes out. Immediately Iskall looked up from the now rebandaged ankle and patted Grian's knee while getting up.

"Everything is okay Grian. There's nothing to be sorry about. You're going to be okay," And then Iskall sat on the other side of Grian and joined in on hugging them. After a few moments of that Xisuma cleared his throat and finally entered the room. He seemed hesitant to speak.

"So um, what should we tell 'em?" All of them looked up that Xisuma to see he had his communicator open on his armor plate.

"What?" Grian looked at Xisuma in confusion. It was then that Mumbo and Iskall seemed to of remember something because they both suddenly sat up and Mumbo cleared his throat.

"R-right! Um, about that..."

"Mumbo? What are the three of you talking about?" It was then that Iskall joined in.

"What he's trying to say it that when we went looking for you three nights ago we first asked around. Scar was the one that tipped us off with the direction you went. And since people haven't seen you for a few days they're starting to ask questions."

"I've been asleep for three days?"

"Yeah, and that's on top of you having avoided people for several days beforehand. So, safe to say, people are worried about you. Scar's been the main one pushing for an answer because of him seeing Mumbo and Xisuma in the sky heading towards your base the night we found you."

Grian sat there for a moment, contemplating his options, before deciding on a response now that he had a clear head, "Tell everyone... that I'm alright. And that there was an... an incident that I was injured in the process of. And if anyone wants to visit they can, but I don't want them to rush me."

Xisuma hesitated as his finger hovered over the send button, "Are you sure about that Grian?"

He looked to Iskall and then to Mumbo, wrapping his wings around the both of them in a hug, "Say they can start visiting tomorrow. I need some time to heal with these two."